BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Side Pipe install- 65 289 Motor

Post Thanks / Like

Side Pipe install- 65 289 Motor

Well i completed the install of my side pipes from FFR. From everyone's threads, im hearing that i will lose my hearing lolol. That they are loud. looking forward to it.

So i was worried that i would need additional parts to join everything together. Not at all. The headers from FFR and pipes were a perfect match when bolted onto my

1965 289. The one thing is that the pipes are real close to the fiberglass by the chassis mount. So i might add a spacer between the mount and chassis.

Also had to re align the doors. OMG im dreaming adjusting the doors lolololol. But i actually got them really close now.

Also the front cowl. I got it the best so far. Will still have to add alittle material on the passenger side. looks like it might be on the firewall side too. We will see.

here are some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    If you think there loud now, wait until you have some miles on them!!!! I ended up installing some baffles just to tone them down. Driving down the highway at speed is loud in a roadster. In the coupe it's unbearable and that's from someone who loves a good exhaust tone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m in love!!! Unbelievable fit how do these things not melt the paint off the car so close? Man oh man! Thanks for the post great info here