I had the same issues with trying to get rid of the Mustang donor for a Cobra build. Called around metal scrap places and they all said it would cost them $75 for a truck to come out and pick it up and there wasn't enough metal to make it worth their while. I phoned a bunch of places that advertised "any car in any condition", who all told me there wasn't anything usable in the car once I was done with it and they didn't want it. Finally I called the place back that said it would cost them $75 to pick it up and I told them I'll pay the $75 if they came and got it, so they did. Not good that it cost me money to get rid of something that is worth at least a little money in scrap metal, but there didn't seem to be any option.

A Fiero donor I got rid of by cutting up small enough to fit on a small trailer and took it to a scrap metal dealer and got a couple hundred dollars for it.

So while a metal scrap yard is a good idea, it often won't work unless you can get the hulk to them. Depends on the price of scrap metal at the time.

Rick