Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  68
Likes Likes:  513

Thread: Jim's Build Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJT '33 View Post
    Agree with RoadRacer, I installed the clutch cable and will be replacing the cable with a hydraulic system from Mike Forte (https://fortesparts.com/product/fort...ic-clutch-kit/) or similar system (https://www.moderndriveline.com/shop...pAtArlaQLehxac). My opinion is that due to the tight 180 degree bend the cable does not slide in the sleeve as easily and cleanly as it should, would not recommend the cable, should have gone with the hydraulic or hydraulic assist.
    20200405_155605.jpg You can see it coming out of the firewall and looping back, its not a straight shot.

As always, HAVE FUN!!
    Just got off the phone with Mike Forte, nice guy. I asked if the kit in the link provided by AJT '33 (TKO-600 Hydraulic Clutch Kit https://fortesparts.com/product/fort...ic-clutch-kit/ ) will fit my T5 and Mike said nope, you'll need a different bracket. I asked if there was a part number for the kit with the bracket I needed and he said no, he just pieces it together and it will be the same price as the TKO-660 kit so he took my information, I gave him my CC info and it will ship tomorrow.

The kit like the one for the TKO-600 comes with master cylinder, slave cylinder, push rods, fork, bracket, HW & hoses, I just need to drill two holes in the bell housing.

Should be here by the end if the week.

To everyone who changed my mind about the clutch cable, Thanks much, I appreciate you sharing your experiences and providing a better solution.
    Last edited by 33fromSD; 10-06-2020 at 05:04 AM.

2. Likes RoadRacer, FF33rod, AJT '33, theidlemind liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 33fromSD View Post
    Just got off the phone with Mike Forte, nice guy. I asked if the kit in the link provided by AJT '33 (TKO-600 Hydraulic Clutch Kit https://fortesparts.com/product/fort...ic-clutch-kit/ ) will fit my T5 and Mike said nope, you'll need a different bracket. I asked if there was a part number for the kit with the bracket I needed and he said no, he just pieces it together and it will be the same price as the TKO-660 kit so he took my information, I gave him my CC info and it will ship tomorrow.

The kit like the one for the TKO-600 comes with master cylinder, slave cylinder, push rods, fork, bracket, HW & hoses, I just need to drill two holes in the bell housing.

Should be here by the end if the week.

To everyone who changed my mind about the clutch cable, Thanks much, I appreciate you sharing your experiences and providing a better solution.
    Now we will be looking to you to see how it installed so we can make our lives easier to install as well. As I have a TKO600 I would expect that his base kit will install easily. Following!
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJT '33 View Post
    Now we will be looking to you to see how it installed so we can make our lives easier to install as well. As I have a TKO600 I would expect that his base kit will install easily. Following!
    Once I receive it, I'll provide pics and any instructions / learnings as I got through it.

5. Thanks AJT '33 thanked for this post
    Likes AJT '33 liked this post