Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  62
Likes Likes:  209

Thread: Camera's 818C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcamera View Post
    Has anybody tried anything else that they did or didn't like? I have 1mm thick foam I could easily use as a buffer.
    I used 40 mil thick vinyl from home depot - the kind normally used as a moisture barrier. It's cheap and worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by mcamera View Post
    Good news and bad news. Bad news, it looks like Boyd changed their internal baffles so my $180 Hydramat may not work. I'm going to contact Holley and see if they think it will still work with both ends sticking up over the baffles. Good news, the new baffles look like they should be much more effective. They create a square cup around the fuel pump to retain fuel locally and also have floor-to-ceiling baffles about a foot past those to stop fuel from sloshing side to side across the entire tank. All the baffles have their corners cut so fuel can move between compartments. Pics and diagram below.
    I've also got the hydramat but the older Boyd tank and have never experienced a fuel starvation issue. As I understand, as long as any part of the hydramat is touching fuel, it will work as intended. If the edges are sticking up, that shouldn't be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching this thread with great interest! Amazing progress so far. I'm also working in a one-car garage when I have free time, it's taken me two years to get a full rolling chassis. That's mostly because of other life duties, not because of the 1-car. If I could change anything it would be to figure out where to store the hardtop. Working under/around that is a real bear most of the time. Good luck on future progress.
    818C chassis #546. Ordered 8/14/18, picked up 10/6/18. First start 01/16/2021!
    Donor: 2006 WRX wagon, 108k miles.
    Options: Chassis powder coat, CF street splitter, rockers, diffuser, and spoiler, polished shift knob, adjustable rear lower lateral control arms, vinyl padded dash/door, complete carpet set, battery cut-off switch, wiper kit, aluminum shifter assembly, complete CV axles, harness bar mount, matte gunmetal wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by octobersknight View Post
    Watching this thread with great interest! Amazing progress so far. I'm also working in a one-car garage when I have free time, it's taken me two years to get a full rolling chassis. That's mostly because of other life duties, not because of the 1-car. If I could change anything it would be to figure out where to store the hardtop. Working under/around that is a real bear most of the time. Good luck on future progress.
    How high is the ceiling in your garage? Can you hang the hardtop? I did that to keep it out of the way, yet not let it "flatten" out by sitting on the ground. I'm fortunate in that I have a utility barn, so just wrapped it well to keep the birds and dirt off of it.
    IMG_2021.jpg