FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: So Cal 818 For Sale

Post Thanks / Like

So Cal 818 For Sale

2014 818S For Sale

I started this Build in late 2014 so it's been a long journey. Mostly by myself, but had help from friends when I needed 4 or 6 hands. I didn't do any of the engine or trans rebuilds. The car is built from a 2002 Surbaru WRX 2.0 turbo. The car runs good and is nearly complete but Life changes and I need to simplify. I'll list what i've done and modified. And what it needs.

License and Registration: The car is fully Registered with California plates and insured

Frame: Powder coated from Factory5

Motor: I had it rebuilt in March of 2015 by Ubersport Performance in Orange Ca.
    They tore down the motor, machine bore and honed the block and heads. Align Bore, Deck heads and block.
    Engine was Blueprinted and re-assembled with Manley forged pistons, King Bearings, ARP head studs, Gates timing and water kit.
    Subaru oil pump. Exedy stock clutch, and refinished flywheel. TGV deleted.

Turbo: The Air/Air Intercooler is replaced with a Water/Air Intercooler. (Reliability is better than speed!)

Transmission: It was rebuilt at the same by Stu's AE Transmission in Long Beach.
    New Gasket and Seal kit, Synchro sets, Ball Bearings, Oil seal and Retain rings.

Wiring: I used the original loom and labled it but Ubersport installed it. (Very confusing)

Brakes: I used stock WRX brakes. I rebuilt the calipers, replaced the rotors and pads and added a brake booster.
    It stops very well!

Cooling: This was a big headache. I finally gave up and had welded stainless steel tubes and an aluminum
    CXRacing radiator installed. New thermostat also.

Alignment: The car is set up for the street. I can provide specs if you're interested.

What is needed: ECU is not tuned. The motor does not have enough miles. Less than a few hundred miles.
    Some body fitment. The front has been the most difficult. The bumper, fenders, and hood need to be aligned.
    I have not installed the pin latches on the engine cover or the hood. Also needs paint.
    The interior need finishing. Mostly carpet and a radio.

I am asking $13,500 obo. I have front and rear spoiler kits also. If you have other questions please ask.

IMG_0230.jpgIMG_0228.jpgIMG_0229.jpgIMG_0231.jpgIMG_0239.jpg
    Last edited by samuel; 08-15-2020 at 12:40 PM.

2. Likes DSR-3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interested in the 818

PMed you the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by samuel View Post
    2014 818S For Sale

I started this Build in late 2014 so it's been a long journey. Mostly by myself, but had help from friends when I needed 4 or 6 hands. I didn't do any of the engine or trans rebuilds. The car is built from a 2002 Surbaru WRX 2.0 turbo. The car runs good and is nearly complete but Life changes and I need to simplify. I'll list what i've done and modified. And what it needs.

License and Registration: The car is fully Registered with California plates and insured

Frame: Powder coated from Factory5

Motor: I had it rebuilt in March of 2015 by Ubersport Performance in Orange Ca.
    They tore down the motor, machine bore and honed the block and heads. Align Bore, Deck heads and block.
    Engine was Blueprinted and re-assembled with Manley forged pistons, King Bearings, ARP head studs, Gates timing and water kit.
    Subaru oil pump. Exedy stock clutch, and refinished flywheel. TGV deleted.

Turbo: The Air/Air Intercooler is replaced with a Water/Air Intercooler. (Reliability is better than speed!)

Transmission: It was rebuilt at the same by Stu's AE Transmission in Long Beach.
    New Gasket and Seal kit, Synchro sets, Ball Bearings, Oil seal and Retain rings.

Wiring: I used the original loom and labled it but Ubersport installed it. (Very confusing)

Brakes: I used stock WRX brakes. I rebuilt the calipers, replaced the rotors and pads and added a brake booster.
    It stops very well!

Cooling: This was a big headache. I finally gave up and had welded stainless steel tubes and an aluminum
    CXRacing radiator installed. New thermostat also.

Alignment: The car is set up for the street. I can provide specs if you're interested.

What is needed: ECU is not tuned. The motor does not have enough miles. Less than a few hundred miles.
    Some body fitment. The front has been the most difficult. The bumper, fenders, and hood need to be aligned.
    I have not installed the pin latches on the engine cover or the hood. Also needs paint.
    The interior need finishing. Mostly carpet and a radio.

I am asking $13,500 obo. I have front and rear spoiler kits also. If you have other questions please ask.

IMG_0230.jpgIMG_0228.jpgIMG_0229.jpgIMG_0231.jpgIMG_0239.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Pm sent

Post Thanks / Like
    PM you. Is this still available?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a top for it? Also is there a heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a top for it? Is there a heater in it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Heater, Top, or not- this is a great deal! If you are interested in an 818 project this would be a great way to go, including having a freshened engine and trans, so you can cross that off to start! Obviously, not a fully finished car, but it looks well done in a basic fashion, and clean. My car is a more finished, but l can tell you that there's plenty of room for your personal touch and remaining projects here to keep you busy. Just pulling and prepping the body for paint is taking me weeks (that's ok, but I miss driving it!). Being licensed and registered is a big accomplishment too. That price is way more than fair- so please don't try low-ball him!
    *Disclaimer; I have never seen this car in person, or met the owner/builder. However, I have a pretty good idea of the effort and $$ I see here...
    818S #332, EZ30R H6, California licensed 01/2019

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Factory5 makes a conversion hard top kit for the car and they make a soft top also

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you DSR-3 for the compliments. I have put a lot into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    This car is Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by samuel View Post
    Thank you DSR-3 for the compliments. I have put a lot into it.

12. Likes DSR-3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This car is Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Closing by request of OP...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)