Hello to anyone visiting my thread! I have been interested in building a Factory Five Roadster for about 9 years now. As is often the case, other priorities push dreams to the back burner. So I have been waiting. 2020 will go down as a pretty devastating year for a lot of us, and I am no exception. Lost a son to a motorcycle accident, and then COVID turned the world upside down. But it is also the year I pulled the trigger on my dream! I ordered the complete kit for the Mk4 on 8/10/2020. I was told that the FFR completion date is 10/24/2020. I already have Stewart contracted to transport.

So let's talk options:
1. Coyote Gen-3 w/T56 Magnum transmission from Mike Forte
2. Mike Forte's Clutch Effort Reducer
3. Body Cut-outs
4. Leather seats
5. Power Steering (pump and bracket from Mike Forte)
6. 2015 IRS
7. 17x9/10.5 Halibrand wheels
8. Heater/Defroster
9. Chrome Roll bars on both sides (happy wife, happy life)
10. Wilwood brakes, front and back in black
11. Gas-N headers and polished quiet sidelines (thanks to Mike Forte for the tip to use Gas-N!!)
12. Lund Racing custom tune

Other planned additions:

1. Seat warmers
2. LED lights in trunk
3. Self-cancelling turn signal stalk

So I should mention that this car will never be taken to the track. This is my four-wheeled therapy for taking cruises with my wife and friends through orchards and to wineries. I plan to attend the build school about a week before the FFR completion date.

And now, some questions I would like to pose to the forum: I have chatted with edwardb regarding his builds, but I also wanted to get others' inputs. I would like to add power brakes and I am thinking about using the Whitby system. edwardb mentioned that it does not work with the Wilwood pedal box. I must admit, I am not entirely certain at this point what is meant by "pedal box," though I can guess. He mentioned something about a King box. Can someone tell me if that is a particular vendor? What alternatives have any of you Coyote users employed to get power brakes?

I am looking forward to hearing from many of you! I am sure I will have many questions. I will post here when I can (though I am almost certain that I will not be able to chronicle my build with anywhere near the quality of edwardb). My wife has promised to work with me taking photographs as we go. Thank you in advance for your advice and encouragement!

-David