BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Pre-Bent SS brake lines

Post Thanks / Like

Pre-Bent SS brake lines

Breeze Auto discontinued their pre-bent stainless steel brake lines for the MKIV. The 289 lines should be the same. Does anyone know of a source for these? I am just awful at bending these lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea if pre-bent lines are available, but what I will say is this... I was also really nervous about bending my own lines. It's really not that hard. Buy a roll or two of Nicopp to practice with. It's cheap and easy to work with. After you've screwed up 10-15 lines you'll get the hang of it and your lines will turn out great. To me, that's all part of the enjoyment of the build process - learning new skills. Also, buy a GOOD bender. The ones that are made to bend many different size lines are just an exercise in frustration IMO. I bought a dedicated 3/16" and 3/8" bender and they made life so much easier.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

3. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take your time. Expect to waste a few pieces practicing. Use a large socket to create tight, symmetric loops for excess line. Don't forget to push the nut to the end before making a bend. I did most of my bends by hand and around a socket in my bench vise.