Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roxanne makes Her Entrance!!

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Roxanne makes Her Entrance!!

Most of you have been following the Carl Critz build, Carl doesn't post on the forum, as his day job keeps him way too busy, so I have the honor of
    bringing you the updates and pictures of his build. Just got these this morning, so enjoy, it's been a long build, but you'll agree that the results are
    OUTSTANDING!!

If the exhaust on the Coupe looks familiar, it's what is now on the race cars, and some of the newer builds are using it also.
    Carl had contacted Burn's Stainless Steel, to produce a design Carl had come up with, Don Vaught came over to see it,
    and He had a copy made by a exhaust shop in the valley, and now Karen uses it on her race car, with very good results.

If you look closely at the passengers widow frame, you'll see that it's broken up into two areas. The front part completely
    retracts, and the rear section is fixed, this allows the driver to use the drive-up at the local In-And-Out Burger!

Just a "Beauty Shot" but it accents the flowing lines of the Coupe, adding 5 inches to the cockpit section, IMHO makes the lines flow even better.

The lights are all HID, Carl will install the "Covers" later on, He's waiting for the new glass rear hatch to arrive.
    The Fog lights are also HID, and the fog light receptacle is also the induction ducting for the engine.

Carl also has a Sunbeam Tiger, and he decided to carry over some of that into the Coupe. The Tiger has a Walnut Dash,
    as now also does the Coupe. Instrumentation is minimal, due to the "Stack" Instruments main display just in front of the
    steering wheel. The Stack system provides all of the necessary engine information, H2O Temp, Oil Temp, RPM, MPH, and has
    severals warning alerts that you can set for any value you want to be warned about. Really a nice clean area, for a very mean car!

This is the business end of the power train. Carl with the help of Griggs Racing, came up with a Watts Torque link suspension.
    Needless to say, with 550 HP at the flywheel, this system will Hook-Up on demand, and provide excellent traction and stability at the rear.

Still quite a few things to do, the rear disfusser is not installed, waiting for the glass rear hatch, little odds and ends yet to do, but all of the major work is done.

Hank
    Last edited by Hankl; 10-10-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update and new pics Hank. Good seeing you and RussF on Sat. to by the way.

You have to see the car in person to really see just how much work went into this build, Carl changed just about every part.:-)

It's really nice getting in and out of with the larger doors too!

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very very nice !
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a stellar project. Congrats on getting to this point Carl. I'm still making pretzels with my brake lines!

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Great profiles! This looks like it belongs to an engineer. She's all business. I like it a lot, especially the suspension!!! WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Hank,
    Thanks for taking the time to post these photos and write up your summary. That is one exceptional Coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just.....WOW

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incredible build ... thanks for posting, Hank.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I really like the extra length, very well executed. Makes me want to build a Coupe...

Olli

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Damn, I knew I should of built a Coupe! Great job.
    https://hhong43.wixsite.com/snkvnnm-build
    FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake | Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55 | MSD ignition system | Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Forgestar CF5 18" w/245-45R18 & 295-35R18|Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice workmanship.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A-Mazing!!! Congratulations Carl on one outstanding build, and big thanks to Hank for posting all the photos and information along the way! Really love the eyebrow in the dash....May need to incorporate that into the next build. '.) Cheers!

K
    #28 FFR Challenge Series
    #28 FFR Type-65 Coupe
    2011 Western Endurance Racing Championship
    2010 West Coast Champion
    Drive it.....Like you stole it!