Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A/C Compressor oil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I removed the compressor last night and took it to the shop of a friend to add the required amount of oil. I always like to see the positive side of things, even in situations like this one where I forgot to add the oil before the install. I had to pull the compressor to add the oil but the good thing was that I was able to read the serial number of the engine which is hidden behind the compressor. I will need that number when the time to register the car arrives. I was also able to solve another problem I had. The connector on the compressor is located at about 8 o'clock on the stock C5 compressor. This created a clearance issue with the chassis. As soon as the engine would have moved on hard acceleration or deceleration it would have broken that connector from the compressor clutch. I had even marked the chassis to modify it to gain some clearance. After pulling the compressor I noticed that there is another notch at about 2 o'clock on it that can accommodate the clutch connector. So, I asked my friend to pull out the clutch and relocate the connector in that notch. No more clearance issue there.

Before

After relocating the connector

GenII GTM #354
    Delivered (02/09/11)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo View Post
    I removed the compressor last night and took it to the shop of a friend to add the required amount of oil. I always like to see the positive side of things, even in situations like this one where I forgot to add the oil before the install. I had to pull the compressor to add the oil but the good thing was that I was able to read the serial number of the engine which is hidden behind the compressor. I will need that number when the time to register the car arrives.
    That's where it is... I knew that I had seen it. The person that I spoke to said that it was on the front of the block on the passenger side, just below the head. I understood that to mean somewhere around the water pump. But then I vaguely remembered seeing a lazer etched serial number on the side of the block, but couldn't remember where.

That will sure help some other people here! Thanks for posting this!
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081