Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Electrical impacting Car Stereo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so if the noise isn't affected by engine speed that rules out the alternator or plugs/wires as the source.

So the next question I ask myself is what other noise generating components (electrical or metal on metal sources) are also active but not speed dependant when the engine is running?

Cooling fan?

Fuel pump (assuming yours is electric)?

Power to both can be temporarily interrumpted to see if they are the culprits....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by narly1 View Post
    OK, so if the noise isn't affected by engine speed that rules out the alternator or plugs/wires as the source.

So the next question I ask myself is what other noise generating components (electrical or metal on metal sources) are also active but not speed dependant when the engine is running?

Cooling fan?

Fuel pump (assuming yours is electric)?

Power to both can be temporarily interrumpted to see if they are the culprits....
    Hey Earl

Cooling fan only runs occasionally, so I don't think that is it. I thought about the defroster / heater too, but Inever run it; fuel pump (yes, mine is electrical) I'll find out shortly, I'm in the process of moving that to the rear of the car as one of the steps to solve my vapor lock issue.

Its got to be something so simple that I'm overlooking it. I have about 50 hours into this issue alone.

I have the FFR 6-in-1 gauge cluster with GPS speedometer, could the GPS antenna be causing the issue?

Jim