Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: How To Aline Hinges and door question

Post Thanks / Like

How To Aline Hinges and door question

So I have my doors trimmed and fitted into their spaces. I have the crash bar , latch and door hinges mounted in the door. I have the tee brackets mounted on the frame. I have the slots cut in the body for the hinge half that is mounted on the body. So my question. if I mount the hinge half on the tee bracket and leave that hinge and the tee bracket loose. then put the door in place run a 1/4" drill rod thru both hinges and then tighten up the tee bracket and hinge will that get me close to fitting?

2. Likes Pat Landymore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your luck is better than mine was, it should be a decent start…

A lot will depend on how flush you have the vertical face of the front crash beam sitting to the inside of the door.

That issue seems have caused a ‘gift’ on my truck that keeps on giving…I’ll swear on a stack of FFR assembly guides that my doors, particularly pass side, are twisting again. 😡

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    man oh man.

Post Thanks / Like
    As you tighten everything you (in my case) will get creep - loosen here, tighten there, overcorrect a bit to compensate for the creep, rinse and repeat.
    My doors are fitting pretty well now but the windows seem to be on a different plane than the opening

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before embarking on such an endeavor, most builders say an appropriately edited version of the following:

"Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times clockwise around your car chanting:" Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant.."

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue