Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: The BEST way to search TheFactoryFiveForum.com:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The BEST way to search TheFactoryFiveForum.com:

I was helping someone register today and they asked me this question:

.../Any specific threads for rhd builds in (the) forum ?

I get questions like this all the time and I usually respond the same way by doing a search and reporting back the results. If I have time I tell them the following advice. I know this is a question most have when they come to this site:

"What's the best way to search for..."

Here's my unequivocal answer.

Google.

Why?

I'll save the technical discussion, but there is a "trick" to searching any public website using Google. Enter the name of the domain you want to search, add : then add any search term you want. So, if for example, you want to search thefactoryfiveforum.com for any threads or posts that mention "rhd" - which stands for right-hand-drive - you get quite a few leads to check out. Try it yourself with a copy/paste of the following into a new Chrome browser window, or from the search bar at Google.com:

thefactoryfiveforum.com: rhd

I usually add a space after the colon, for clarity. it doesn't affect the results.

Adding the colon at the end of the domain tells google to search that domain and return what it finds. Quite a few links to get you started in this case! If you don't get back what you're looking for, try different search terms but remember, the shorter and more concise the search term, the better.

To search a specific phrase, put the phrase in quotes. You could put quotes around rhd in this example, but it would be redundant, being a single word.

HTH,

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup! Good trick David, have been using this for years as Google is king when it comes to searches.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Been sharing that one here on the forums as well as Facebook. It does work well.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

4. Thanks WILUMD thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, I’ve always used “search term site:thefactoryfiveforum.com” but that’s even easier and not one I knew existed so, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    This tip will save a lot of frustration. My digital ineptness has often resulted in my starting a new post. This usually has a more experienced member directing me to an existing thread which I was unable to find. Thanks a lot. I'm starting to feel at home already.

7. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post
    Likes David Hodgkins liked this post