Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  38

Thread: F9 Unveiled on FFR Facebook Video

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think some of you guys are getting stuck on "mid engine" by thinking only of rear mid engines, where the engine is behind the driver. The F9 is front mid, with the engine behind the front wheels but ahead of the driver. Different architecture requires different styling; a rear mid can result in something more like the Ferrari that Papa showed---a redesign of the GTM platform could do that but you won't get there with a front mid. When Dave first showed me some early concept renderings back in 2018 he said that he wanted a front mid "hypercar" and that the stylistic goal was something along the lines of the Aston Martin Vanquish:

vanquish.jpg

Maserati GranTurismo:

granturismo.jpg

And the Jaguar F-Type:

ftype.jpg

Personally I think the basic F9 shape is pretty good but starts to lose it's appeal when the scoops and strakes are added.

Jeff

2. Likes turbomacncheese liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post

Personally I think the basic F9 shape is pretty good but starts to lose it's appeal when the scoops and strakes are added.

Jeff
    I agree 100%. the basic shape and proportions are beautiful, but all the extra "stuff" all over the car just makes it so busy and cheap-looking IMO. Less is definitely more in this regard. I understand that they may be beneficial from an aero standpoint for a purpose-built track car, but in that case I wish they'd offer a "R" version with all the embellishments and a cleaner-looking street version that has more aesthetic appeal.

Also - is the video available anywhere else besides FB?
    Last edited by JohnK; 09-20-2021 at 09:51 AM.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

4. Likes J R Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is where they are headed. I saw previously they have registered the F9, F9R and F9E names, so I would expect different models. It makes sense they are focusing on the "R" type body as they have already talked to the PGM race team to run it through its paces. I expect if it actually goes to production, the street version will have less of the cutouts, etc, just like the coupe.