Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  110

Thread: Eastman Kids Cobra Build - Complete Kit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Installation Upper Control Arms & Lower Control Arms

Kadence was my big helper for this project and it was more difficult that I anticipated. Yes, I read that I should probably have installed the rear differential first as the control arms might get in my way, but I'm a glutton for punishment, so we pressed on. I'm still waiting for the bushings to mount the rear differential anyways.

As you can see below, things don't exactly line up and I'm not strong enough to flex this steel to make it work:
    PXL_20211219_225928115.jpg

I also purchased threaded rod for this exact scenario which I had read about from other informative builds. Unfortunately, every time I would expand the opening, the wrong side would expand:
    PXL_20211219_224432928.jpg

It just took a little more creativity to make everything align just right:
    PXL_20211219_232424325.jpg

I was concerned about the zerk fittings being sheared off if the lower control arm dropped all the way, so while it is kinda difficult to see, I zip tied the other & lower control arms for the time being. I had read some build threads where these were installed upside down, so between constantly checking the manual & pictures, I also made sure the zerk fittings were facing down.
    PXL_20211220_020243747.jpg

Everything pretty well until I got to the upper control arm on the passenger side and I could only get the bolt (closest to the cockpit) "most" of the way in. I was just misaligned enough that I could NOT make it align. I ended up using a wratchet strap to pull it down just enough so I could hammer it in. Again, it just took a little but more creativity and finesse.
    Last edited by Serenity; 12-20-2021 at 08:21 PM.

2. Likes WIS89, Kaylee_Frye liked this post