BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Let's make it three. Hello from Graham, Wa.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's make it three. Hello from Graham, Wa.

Hello to you all in the FFR family, my name is Kevin and as of Monday I took the plunge into the world of Factory Five Racing. I’ve had FFR on my mind for the last 6 years, the 33 Hotrod to be specific. Being not quite ready to make the leap financially nor having a viable place to build one I waited, I even had a FFR sticker on my tv in the corner so I’d always be reminded. Well the day has come.

About me? I’ve been in the Great Northwest for going on 33 years. I served my country and am now employed at a company dealing in big yellow machines. I’m married with three kids, all either married or getting there. Two grandchildren to spoil also. I’ve been a mechanic for 40 years in one shape or another. My hobbies have been many, usually centered around something mechanical, fast and or loud. I’ve now narrowed it down to just fast and loud (drag racing). Since I finished doing to my car what I wanted it was time to move on.

Like I said earlier I plan on building the 33 hotrod with a 383 stroker. I’m going to try to keep it on a budget but we all know how that goes. I think I made up my mind on what I wanted about 30 times. Since I just signed up it sounds like I won’t be seeing anything until late august early September at the earliest. So until then I’ll be lurking in the shadows reading all of your posts and taking notes.

Thanks for reading and have a day of your choosing.

Respectfully

Kevin

2. Likes CaptB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, welcome. That’s Awesome, three new FFR builds all in the same small area announced within a few weeks. (Both of us and Qballz.). Looking forward to being able to share ideas and a helping hand if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Barwickad. yea I thought is was nice to see even two in the same area let alone three. I do definitely look forward to checking out the builds in the Neighborhood. and YES helping where needed. The more i learn now will make my build easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by racyroy View Post
    Hello Barwickad. yea I thought is was nice to see even two in the same area let alone three. I do definitely look forward to checking out the builds in the Neighborhood. and YES helping where needed. The more i learn now will make my build easier.
    Wow, I'm also surprised by three builds in our area. Welcome aboard!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Kevin. Keep reading the build posts....and drooling.
    Only a little more painting to do and then it will be ready to get registered.
    I didn’t say done as they are never really finished.
    8F9B4895-475B-4994-BCAC-5F7DF1829FE5.jpg
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Kevin! Lived and worked your area for most of my career. Moved south after retirement...

Look forward to your build.

Chris
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Kevin, I’m in Spanaway built my roadster in 17-18. There are quit a few FFR guys in the area. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Might be a different build, but some things may are the same. I served in the Army as a mechanic also, still work as a contractor on JBLM.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

9. Likes cgundermann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Qballz View Post
    Wow, I'm also surprised by three builds in our area. Welcome aboard!
    thanks Q

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Welcome Kevin. Keep reading the build posts....and drooling.
    Only a little more painting to do and then it will be ready to get registered.
    I didn’t say done as they are never really finished.
    8F9B4895-475B-4994-BCAC-5F7DF1829FE5.jpg
    thanks Jim, I've already been all over your build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgundermann View Post
    Welcome Kevin! Lived and worked your area for most of my career. Moved south after retirement...

Look forward to your build.

Chris
    thanks cgundermann I hope to learn from all of you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul2STL View Post
    Welcome Kevin, I’m in Spanaway built my roadster in 17-18. There are quit a few FFR guys in the area. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions. Might be a different build, but some things may are the same. I served in the Army as a mechanic also, still work as a contractor on JBLM.
    thanks Paul2 thanks for your service and hopefully i can skim some good info off all the existing builders so it'll make me actually know what i'm doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    i hunted elk in Graham this year. have fun with your build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by acmikee View Post
    i hunted elk in Graham this year. have fun with your build
    thank you acmikee, i hope i will. did you get an Elk? if so i'm impressed. I've had them walk through my front yard before.