Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Roadster Gas and Strut Options for Trunk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Al, that sounds like my kit. I would have gladly refunded you money if they did not work for you. I would try the trick someone talked about in here. Just tighten up the pivot bolts a bit and see if that helps. The new FFR hinges work best for the lift supports. I highly recommend it over my kit. Might require buying the new hinge arms from FFR.
    Mike

2. Thanks Al_C, AgileYeti thanked for this post
    Likes NC Cobra, AgileYeti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Al, that sounds like my kit. I would have gladly refunded you money if they did not work for you. I would try the trick someone talked about in here. Just tighten up the pivot bolts a bit and see if that helps. The new FFR hinges work best for the lift supports. I highly recommend it over my kit. Might require buying the new hinge arms from FFR.
    Mike
    You already provided new struts. I can't ask you to keep sending me stuff. I will try tightening the bolts on the hinges and see what happens. Thanks for your input!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Michael Everson,
    I'm reading this thread and it sounds like you sell the trunk strut kit for a MK3.1 with outside hinges? If that's correct, Id like more info on it.
    David
    312-723-8066