Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  521

Thread: Tesla Powered 33 Hot Rod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got time today to take the car over to the shop for TIG welding on the main battery box. Now I can tear it apart and work on the Cerakote. It takes a lot of media blast prep, cleaning, and 5 days to cure so it'll be a few weeks before I get it all back together. But, when it's done I'll be installing the batteries which will be a big step.

IMG_3574.jpg IMG_3576.jpg

With the front box out I was finally able to fit check the transmission tunnel patch I designed and had made a couple of weeks ago. The bend aligns perfect with the firewall. Still need to drill holes and bolt it around the perimeter but it all lines up well.

IMG_3578.jpg

And for almost a full week of spare time work - here's what I have to show for it. Did I mention before this is tedious?? I still have 4 more to go and then I have to make 40 thermocouples, attach them to the batteries, and make the harnesses. I have to admit I'm not enjoying this part as much. But it's necessary so no way around it.

IMG_3579.jpg

2. Likes 33fromSD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone complaining on wiring has got nothing on you. Crimp on!
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech5 View Post
    Anyone complaining on wiring has got nothing on you. Crimp on!
    I think complaining about wiring is a universal right with any build. Ha..