Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  32

Thread: Matt in MN's Roadster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    Looking very nice... lotsa progress!

Thinking about the tape on the trunk seams... It probably won't live too long in the environment of the wheelhouses. Invert your idea. Tape the seams inside the trunk (assuming it will be covered by carpet), and squooge a bead of silicone or seam sealer into the gaps/grooves on the wheelhouse side.
    Here's something to think about as well.
    I had to slightly massage them (heat gun) after the car was Kleinerized, but it didn't take much.
    Thanks Fixit. I am doing some on the inside as well, there are places though it's not sticking that I need to give a good scrub to. I wasn't sure or not if it will last but figured it can't hurt. As for the rubber covers. Yes great idea. John I just did that as well. But I'm far enough away from the body going on that it will be a while. I had also seen these in the past https://vraptorspeedworks.com/mk-4-w...ell-liner-kit/. So once I have the body on I'll stick my head in there and decide how I want to proceed.
    Mark IV, 302 Based 347, TKx, Four link w/3.55, coil overs, PS, 4wheel Willwood. Dark Blue w Black/Red stripes, Saddle Interior, Blacked out chrome.
    Kit Ordered 4/18/2022
    Kit Delivered 2/20/2023

Post Thanks / Like
    I also put in the courtesy lights and a light in the cubby. I used some specially designed crimps for LED light strips. Much easier than soldering like what I did for the trunk.

Here is a close up of the crimp

Just cutaway the rubber on the LED to expose the copper contacts as if you were going to solder.

Slide the clip over the contacts, strip your wires slide them in, and press the two metal strips down into the plastic retainer.

The cubby hole uses the same power supply as the trunk and has it's own switch installed on the bottom of the 3/4 bar. The front I wired to the circuit in the Ron Francis Harness.
    I'm not sure what they were thinking with that part of the harness it reaches all the way to the passanger door practically. I pulled the Courtsey light wires and cut them down to clean things up a bit. Not sure but I'll probably cut the other wires down. I'll use the heater power for sure, maybe the wipers power side can be repurposed for the footbox vents, the radio line looks to small for the line lock but I'll have to look up the amp requirements.

Mark IV, 302 Based 347, TKx, Four link w/3.55, coil overs, PS, 4wheel Willwood. Dark Blue w Black/Red stripes, Saddle Interior, Blacked out chrome.
    Kit Ordered 4/18/2022
    Kit Delivered 2/20/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I also put sound deadening on the rear wall. Next week I'll put the pre-cut breeze pieces in the passenger side.

I'm also really excited as my short block should ship on Monday. I've only been waiting 19 months.
    Kit Ordered 4/18/2022
    Kit Delivered 2/20/2023