Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  51

Thread: Narly1's Speedstar build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Disappointed and a bit embarrassed that I've made almost zero progress since my last update due to the back pain thing. Almost 2 whole months lost! No joke. The good news is that I'm starting to feel more like my old self again. The frame is flipped upside down at the moment so I can get at the last of the welds and clean them up. While it's in this attitude I'm going to drill the outer floor panels. I've decided to delay powder coating the frame until much later in the build process.

20230827_203835.jpg

Earl
    Last edited by narly1; 08-27-2023 at 08:13 PM.
    1st Speedstar in Canada 31 March 2023.
    Built by me 302 engine, AOD trans, 3.55 IRS.

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by narly1 View Post
    Disappointed and a bit embarrassed that I've made almost zero progress since my last update due to the back pain thing. Almost 2 whole months lost! No joke. The good news is that I'm starting to feel more like my old self again. The frame is flipped upside down at the moment so I can get at the last of the welds and clean them up. While it's in this attitude I'm going to drill the outer floor panels. I've decided to delay powder coating the frame until much later in the build process.

Earl

I know how you feel - I'm just now getting back to work on mine after about 3 or 4 months... But I don't have any health excuses. It's been hotter than hell this year and I couldn't manage. Work and kids/family are my main excuse. But I'm happier to be back working on it.

Glad to hear you're back at it as well!
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

4. Thanks narly1 thanked for this post