Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  135

Thread: Bruce's long awaited journey begins: #1294

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertech5 View Post
    I got the firewall position right, drilled and clecoed in place. Of all the things we do to build these awesome machines, drilling holes is the worst. It takes more out of me than anything else. Foot wells are next. They are clamped in place right now. The suggestion to use the insulation pieces to gauge the firewall position was brilliant. I put mine in place where I had clamped the firewall in place and it was spot on. Makes me feel better knowing for sure though.
    Wait until you get to the wiring! At least that's the least favorable for me.
    FFR Roadster Delivered 9/16/21
    Forte 427 Fuel Injected with TKX Transmission
    Forte's Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey CaptB, I am one of those rare birds that actually like wiring. It can get frustrating at times but a good schematic is your friend, assuming you know how to read them. They are like looking at a road map to me. Finding shorts in cars for 35 years tends to give you a good feel for it. I'm going to need to integrate the FFR chassis harness with my LS3 harness. Can't wait. I bought a connector kit with several 1 wire up to 6 wire male and female connectors and it came with the crimp tool and weather seals with male and female terminals.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.