FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  135

Thread: Bruce's long awaited journey begins: #1294

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did an LS3 on my last build. The wiring isn't bad at all - but, I do remember the PCV system not making sense in the manual they provide. GMPP gave me these files which made it very simple. It's been 5 years so they may have improved the docs that come with it, but for what it's worth here they are. It might be a little different with the eRod you have too.

LS PCV with Catch Can.jpg LS PCV without Catch Can.JPG

2. Thanks Mastertech5 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BradC View Post
    I did an LS3 on my last build. The wiring isn't bad at all - but, I do remember the PCV system not making sense in the manual they provide. GMPP gave me these files which made it very simple. It's been 5 years so they may have improved the docs that come with it, but for what it's worth here they are. It might be a little different with the eRod you have too.

LS PCV with Catch Can.jpg LS PCV without Catch Can.JPG
    Yes mine is like the second one. I had to read it half a dozen times to understand the routing. I kept thinking the dirty air went to the intake tube before the MAF. That didn't make sense because then it would get the MAF oil soaked. I finally got it through my thick skull it is the fresh air that goes there after the MAF. DUH
    Last edited by Mastertech5; 08-20-2022 at 06:44 PM.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know if I wanted to paint the firewall or polish it. If I painted it I wanted to be the body color, which I haven't decided on yet, so I stood back and stared at it for a while and decided to polish it. I just couldn't bring myself to cover all that shine. I ordered some super fine discs and buffing pads for my random orbital sander, some aluminum polish and I have WD 40 for sanding. Just have to drill the holes to mount the reservoirs and off it comes to po!ish.

By the way that's not my car in the picture on the left but I had a 65 fastback in my youth. It was yellow. I loved that car.
    Last edited by Mastertech5; 08-20-2022 at 07:13 PM.
    33 Hot Rod Stage 1, Gen.2 ordered 11/11/2021 started June 12, 2022, LS3 E-Rod crate engine, Tremec TKX, 8.8 WITH 3.55 Ratio and limited slip with 31 spline axles.17X8 and18x10 Race Star wheels wrapped in Conti Extreme contact DWS tires, Mustang Cobra brakes all around. Electric PS and AC. Hard top, electric windows and bike fenders. First Start 5/31/2023. Go-Kart 6/2/2023.