Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Jeff_J MK4 Build update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments guys..Truly.. As a new time builder its great to hear the comments from builders who already have bounced off the walls i'm destined for.!!!
    The Howe Ball joints tightened up really well with the bench vise but I'll mark them for movement none the less...

Without the nylock nuts to tighten I loose fitted the front suspension - not yet either just loose assembling to be sure I have all the parts.
    #8 loose fit front suspension.jpg

then onto cutting the lobes off the rear spindles - cutting parts off new parts is a little unnerving...anyone else feel that way???
    #9 spindles trimmed.jpg
    used my angle grinder for that along with a sanding disk to make it smooth. I'm happy with how it turned out.

#12 switches installed Pedal box.jpg
    drilled and installed the switches on the peddle box. Didn't want to go further on this since I'm getting the Hydro-boost power brakes from Mike at Forte.. Great guy by the way, could talk to him for hours i'm sure and have a great time learning.
    End of another day. tomorrow is fitting tin (aluminium). The manual has me pointed to the firewall first then the passenger foot box, Kind curious how this will fit together so not sure what to expect.
    Appreciate all the insight I can get!!! Thanks . J.
    Last edited by Jeff_J.; 08-18-2022 at 04:21 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_J. View Post
    #12 switches installed Pedal box.jpg
    drilled and installed the switches on the peddle box. Didn't want to go further on this since I'm getting the Hydro-boost power brakes from Mike at Forte.. Great guy by the way, could talk to him for hours i'm sure and have a great time learning.
    End of another day. tomorrow is fitting tin (aluminium). The manual has me pointed to the firewall first then the passenger foot box, Kind curious how this will fit together so not sure what to expect.
    Appreciate all the insight I can get!!! Thanks . J.
    If you're installing a hydroboost power setup I assume you know that means an external master cylinder and modified pedal box. A pushrod needs to be added to the brake pedal. Mike is providing that as well? Make sure for that setup to also use the correct front footbox aluminum piece. The one with cutouts for the external master cylinder. I did one of his hydroboost setups several builds ago and also had to cut some of the chassis steel on the front of the footbox. But don't know if that's still the case.

No reason not to follow the build sequence in the manual. It works.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.