Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Jeff_J MK4 Build update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you find the lever arms twist on the throttle linkage pivot rod, don't fret. Forte thought this might be a problem, and pre-drilled 1/16” holes in the arms to accept a roll pin. Realign the arms, and use a 1/16” drill bit to dimple the pivot rod so you know where to make the holes. Take care & wear eye protection when dimpling the rod; it's easy to break a drill bit. After you've marked the pivot rod, use a drill press to drill the 1/16” holes to accept the roll pin, and then widened the holes in the arms to 5/64” so you don't have to fight so hard to get the pin into place. I used a C-clamp to press the pins into the pivot rod, and left about 1/4" sticking out of the lever arm to that if I ever have to pull the roll pin I've got something to grab.

Some folks have this problem and some don't, so maybe you'll get lucky. If it turns out you do have a problem, now you've got at least one solution in your hip pocket.

John
    Last edited by phileas_fogg; 03-12-2023 at 02:41 PM.
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

2. Thanks Jeff_J. thanked for this post