BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transmission Mount Hardware

Post Thanks / Like

Transmission Mount Hardware

What bolts are supposed to be used to mount the transmission mount A-Frame? Manual only shows the size of the tools needed and a picture of the required hardware. The new "fastener pack 17155" (ie. box of bolts, nuts and washers) isn't very conducive to helping either. I guess I can just see what fits and slap it together but where's the fun in that!
    -Bryan
    Mk4 Roadster w/ IRS, Forte Gen 3 Coyote/TKX, Wilwood Brakes
    Build thread https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...oyote-TKX-EFI)
    Ordered: 6/27/22, Delivered: 1/20/23, First Start 10/16/2023, Go-Cart 3/30/2024

Post Thanks / Like
    In my kit, it's two longer black hex head bolts and lock nuts for the front arms of the A-frame, the rear it was two silver short and thick bolts with lock nuts. Both fit very snuggly through the holes should be easy to tell. Then you have the transmission mount and 2 bolts that attach the mount to the transmission, and two that attach the mount to the a-frame. This differs though based on your engine. I think for a Coyote some additional bracket is involved that is pictured in the manual.
    Mk4 Complete Kit, Blueprint 427w EFI Stage 1, IRS, 15", Gordon Levi Wilwood brakes, FFR Power steering (Build Thread)

Notes and additions to the official build manual (PM me if you would like access to contribute)
    Inventory tracking spreadsheet

3. Thanks Junbug thanked for this post