BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Florida registration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in Lake County and it is very easy. Call the Division Of Motorist Services Field Office Region 2 in Ocala 352 512-6782. They will e mail you the instructions.
    Check ASPT which is assembled from parts. Take all paperwork mentioned in the instructions including photos to their office and they will check personally that all is OK. At that time they will assign you an inspection date and time. You must appear at that time with the car. You can get a 10 day temp tag to drive it there as I did or trailer it. It must also be weighed. I got that done at the truckstop in Wildwood. The inspection is to verify that the factory five number stamped on the frame corresponds with your paperwork. They will issue the title as a 1965 vehicle. The people at Division 2 are very nice and helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcondriver View Post
    I am in Lake County and it is very easy. Call the Division Of Motorist Services Field Office Region 2 in Ocala 352 512-6782. They will e mail you the instructions.
    Check ASPT which is assembled from parts. Take all paperwork mentioned in the instructions including photos to their office and they will check personally that all is OK. At that time they will assign you an inspection date and time. You must appear at that time with the car. You can get a 10 day temp tag to drive it there as I did or trailer it. It must also be weighed. I got that done at the truckstop in Wildwood. The inspection is to verify that the factory five number stamped on the frame corresponds with your paperwork. They will issue the title as a 1965 vehicle. The people at Division 2 are very nice and helpful.
    I've heard that Ocala does a great job with FFRs in the past. Unfortunately, you have to go to a DMV that is in your county of residence. You made a good note as well in regard to the FFR tag. Make sure that it is on the vehicle as if not, that will definitely place you in the ASPT column.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Florida registration

Quote Originally Posted by Falcondriver View Post
    To Falcondriver. I have a home in Lake County and may get my FFR Roadster registered there. You mention Ocala, which is not in Lake County. Did you just contact them for DMV forms or to register your car in Lake County? I am missing something. Thanks in advance.

Oh, any any suggestions about insurance?

Ed K in Clermont.