Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radiator hose question

Post Thanks / Like

Radiator hose question

I don't quite understand the coolant hose connections.
    To mate the stainless hoses to the rubber hoses with the rubber connectors provided from FFR, you would think there needs to be some sort of hard pipe to fit into the rubber pipe. You can't clamp down with a hose clamp down onto the rubber pipe without something hard to clamp down on. The bushings that are with the clamp hose are only soft rubber. Am I missing something?

Post Thanks / Like
    The hose couplers are clamped down onto the stainless steel corrugated pipe. The bushings that come in the couplers are used to adapt the coupler to the fittings on the engine and/or radiator. In my case the upper and lower radiator hose fittings on my hemi didn't need a bushing. A thin bushing was needed on the top connection on the radiator but the lower hose didn't need it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I understand that the couplers get clamped onto the stainless pipe.
    What I don't get is how to connect the stainless pipe to the rubber radiator fill pipe that came with the kit.
    I would think there should be some sort of hard bushing that would fit into the rubber pipe.
    Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure what you have? the SS hose goes from the engine to the rad and the only filler is the hard plastic tee for the rad cap in the upper hose. I didn't use the ss hose from the kit but that is how it is normally set up. There is some soft rubber hose for the gas filler pipe but that is larger diameter.
    Pictures will help us see what you have.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not there yet, but I know what you are talking about. Do you need to remove the rubber tubes that came on the filler neck and then attach the rubber couplers to that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah! That may be it.
    Should have thought of that.
    I'll try and let you know.

Thanks much