Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: Coyote Gen3 rough idle at start then smooth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Lund will get you a tune to get started and then data log after street ready.
    Haven't heard that before. The several times I've used Lund I was under the impression the coverage was for three months. That's great if they would work with you that way. Especially if it doesn't start or run OK from the beginning. My Gen 3 started and ran on the base Ford tune. But was undriveable once street ready. They fixed me up.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Yeah, those are the codes if your CMCV valves are removed or not plumbed properly. The difference they make to how the engine runs are pretty subtle, to be honest. Tuning them out for our purposes is fine. Really doubt they would have anything to do with cylinders not firing. I'm assuming you have lockouts installed so they're fixed open? Hopefully Lund will help you out with this. You're doing a Lund tune at the go-kart stage? I expect you know their tune requires you to do extensive driving? They provide the profiles they want you to follow while running the data log. Up to and including wide open throttle hits once the tune gets close. I never started the tune processes on mine until they were complete, legal, and I could drive extensively (and legally). BTW, another first start with open headers. Don't see ear protection. That's hard on your equipment.
    hopefully tomorrow we will see if the car runs better after the initial tune, not worried much about the codes and yes the CMCV are locked open
    I gave them all the configs of the engine and they are aligning a base tune
    I cranked up the PSI on the Aeromotive FPR to around 64 just from the battery kicking in -we've noticed the pressure rises a little when the car starts so will be watching that as well

since the car was really only firing on the passenger side, it's about 1/2 volume, plus the catalytic converters seem to muffle a bit as well

Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Lund will get you a tune to get started and then data log after street ready.
    yes, that's the plan

Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Haven't heard that before. The several times I've used Lund I was under the impression the coverage was for three months. That's great if they would work with you that way. Especially if it doesn't start or run OK from the beginning. My Gen 3 started and ran on the base Ford tune. But was undriveable once street ready. They fixed me up.
    I get 6 months of free support - maybe they've changed their setup

FREE - 6 Months Support (Non-Recurring)
    SKU: 6_months_free_support
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!