Quote Originally Posted by JeffP View Post
Congrats Paul on this next step. I got my private certificate when I was 20 and my brother, sister in law, and father all also pilots so lots of Aviation in the family. My bucket list has always been to build a 4-place Van's once the kids are out of the house and building my MK4 was my test run. I haven't heard of the Sling and will definitely be looking into this - it looks like a great alternative. Knowing the quality of work you put into all your builds, maybe even a potential buyer when you're finished! Best of luck and can't wait to follow your journey.
Thanks for the encouragement. Really enjoying the build so far. The precision of the parts, the organization, instructions, how everything fits, all top notch. Many similarities to a Factory Five build. But of course lots of differences too. A fun learning experience which I enjoy. I'm basically done with the empennage parts and have the RH wing underway. Lots of pictures in the linked EAA website. Today I'm finalizing the next order for the fuselage, undercarriage, and interior. Basically everything except engine/prop and avionics. Promised lead time six months. Definitely check the Sling TSi. It's roughly similar to a Vans RV10 although considered an easier build. Some differences though (Rotax power, pulled rivets) that make for some interesting discussions.