Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  60

Thread: Father & Daughter build in North Frisco

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a little time to tinker in the garage this evening before the wife got home. I originally planned on just trying to mock up some options for the Wilwood pedal mod. But, I ended up liking the first thing I came up with, so I’m keeping it. I will, however keep the Whitby pedal just in case this setup fails for some reason.

Since I was just tinkering, I didn’t take any in-process pictures. But basically, I just took a chunk of 5/8 steel rod I had sitting around (same diameter as the eye on the booster pushrod), drilled and tapped through it, drilled the pedal after figuring out where it should go, and bolted it on with a grade-8 5/16 bolt. I put it in the pedal box, and as soon as I hooked the eye on it, I decided to keep it like that. So, I removed it, drilled a hole for a cotter pin, and reinstalled.

Much better now!

IMG_0853.jpegIMG_0851.jpg
    Last edited by Mbufford; 01-22-2024 at 09:17 PM.
    MKIV Complete Kit # 207585
    Ordered 8/19/2023. Completion date 11/11/23. Delivery date 11/27/23

Build Thread: http://https://thefactoryfiveforum.c...577#post535577

2. Likes toadster, gburchett liked this post
    25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbufford View Post
    I had a little time to tinker in the garage this evening before the wife got home. I originally planned on just trying to mock up some options for the Wilwood pedal mod. But, I ended up liking the first thing I came up with, so I’m keeping it. I will, however keep the Whitby pedal just in case this setup fails for some reason.

Since I was just tinkering, I didn’t take any in-process pictures. But basically, I just took a chunk of 5/8 steel rod I had sitting around (same diameter as the eye on the booster pushrod), drilled and tapped through it, drilled the pedal after figuring out where it should go, and bolted it on with a grade-8 5/16 bolt. I put it in the pedal box, and as soon as I hooked the eye on it, I decided to keep it like that. So, I removed it, drilled a hole for a cotter pin, and reinstalled.

Much better now!

IMG_0853.jpegIMG_0851.jpg
    fantastic idea on the pedal - you should send this to whitby, maybe they'll take your idea so folks don't run into this anymore - it blows my mind how far back that pedal sits, it's just unsafe in stock form
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!

4. Likes gburchett, Mbufford liked this post