Aluminum Panels
Since the holidays, I've had little time work on the car. Finally got a few weekends and I've been working on getting all (most) of the aluminum panels fitted so I can send off for powder coating. I got the drop trunk kit from TJ @Mountain Metalworks and that install went OK - went very slow on cutting with a carbide-coated jig saw blade. The most challenging fit was the back cockpit panel. I had to cut off the two tabs that are supposed to be riveted to the floor pans - they were preventing alignment of the seam across the back of the cockpit. I made up some patches with leftover metal from the drop trunk cutout. I also had to trim the top right of the back panel on the drivers side to get things to fit. I will move on to the drivers footbox next. I'm curious if others also fit and drilled the splash guards before powder coating?

I've drilled holes now on the "wrong side" of my line a few times now...debating whether I just cover these with carpet, etc. or fill them with tig welds. I haven't tig welded in a long time, and would need to buy a tig welder (a good thing), but I'm a little wary of constantly burning through thin aluminum...

IMG_9698.jpgIMG_9722.jpgIMG_9704.jpgpatch.jpg