Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: Steve's 35 Truck Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Steve's 35 Truck Build

I have chosen today to begin my build thread. For no other reason than today, the engine is scheduled to arrive and I am tired of looking out the window or checking my phone for delivery updates.

My approach is slightly different, I have ordered the 427W Engine from Prestige Motorsports, AOD transmission from Monster Transmissions and various other parts and wheels/tires; all before the build date for my 35 truck. The idea is that when the truck arrives, the sub assemblies will be ready to go.

The kit was ordered with Wilwood brakes, Moser rear end, A/C and electric power steering. My plan? Thank you for asking. Trans and engine will be mated before the kit arrives. After inventory, the front suspension will go to powder coating to match the Charcoal 18x10 wheels. The rear end will be assembled, then the steering and front suspension, followed by the engine and so on.

At this moment, I am researching accessory drives while I wait for the truck.

Rotating assembly.jpgvalve covers.jpg4947 dyno graphic 3.pngBlock.jpgcrate 4.jpg
    Last edited by Guardm16; 12-27-2023 at 02:00 PM.

2. Likes Salty Chief 35 liked this post