Attachment 197937Attachment 197938
Sigh......nothing about this upgrade has gone my way. As part of the upgrade, I need to replace my power steering pump. Problem is I am having trouble removing the pulley from the old pump....NOR DO I KNOW WHO MAKES THIS PULLEY. At first, I tried an air impact wrench hoping to "surprise" the bolt but had no luck. I could not really find a way of "clamping" the pulley without damaging it so I decided to sacrifice the old pump, cutting it apart so I could get the shaft out and secure the shaft in the vice, clamping the shaft rather than the pulley as I don't want to damage the pulley. I would GLADLY buy a new pulley but do not know who manufactures it. Presently, I have been applying heat to the bolt in hopes that it would help it come apart but I have been not having any luck.
Some questions:
#1) Is the power steering pump threads (it's the Fox body "plastic" power steering pump) CLOCKWISE OR COUNTER-CLOCKWISE?
#2) Does anybody recognize the "brand" of this pulley? If I knew that I could simply order a replacement pulley.
#3) Can anybody suggest a "trick" to get this pulley off the shaft?

Thanks for any help.