FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Wiper requirements for Connecticut dmv inspection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey. Interesting on their position on kit vs replica at the inspection lane. Seems like they are conflating the two.

Either way, without the classic plate, my wallet is still exposed.

Factory Five applied several years ago to be a ‘replica’ manufacturer, I think it went stale. Interesting to still it active again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbev View Post
    Hi Jay,
    I am not sure of the name of the new law. I am only reporting what was told to me by the head inspector when I attempted to get my car inspected a week and a half ago. I was told this new law went into effect on January 1st. And if you click on the link in my previous post you will see on the DMV website that it clearly states what you and I already knew, our cars are not eligible for antique plates.
    Tony

Skyflyer-sorry to hijack your thread, but I wanted to get this info to you so that you don't waist your time and money looking for a temporary wiper solution to get you through inspection. Unless something changes between now and when FFR is listed on NHSTA, they won't inspect you even if you wanted them to.
    FFR4462 - Taxed out of Connecticut
    If you live in CT, you need to read these threads on registration & taxation BEFORE purchasing a replica:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...247#post442247
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Tax-Increases!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish View Post
    Hey. Interesting on their position on kit vs replica at the inspection lane. Seems like they are conflating the two.

Either way, without the classic plate, my wallet is still exposed.

Factory Five applied several years ago to be a ‘replica’ manufacturer, I think it went stale. Interesting to still it active again.
    The DMV supervisor in the Inspection lane told me they will not inspect Factory Five's because they applied to be on the NHSTA's list of replica manufacturers and their application is still pending. If Factory Five refused to complete their application with the NHSTA then no Factory Five vehicle going forward could be registered in CT. Fortunately, Dave Smith was great and told me he would expedite the completion of their application. The whole thing makes no sense but this is what I was told after waiting in the inspection lane for 3 hours a couple of weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be wild…

Quote Originally Posted by Tbev View Post
    The DMV supervisor in the Inspection lane told me they will not inspect Factory Five's because they applied to be on the NHSTA's list of replica manufacturers and their application is still pending. If Factory Five refused to complete their application with the NHSTA then no Factory Five vehicle going forward could be registered in CT. Fortunately, Dave Smith was great and told me he would expedite the completion of their application. The whole thing makes no sense but this is what I was told after waiting in the inspection lane for 3 hours a couple of weeks ago.
    FFR4462 - Taxed out of Connecticut
    If you live in CT, you need to read these threads on registration & taxation BEFORE purchasing a replica:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...247#post442247
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Tax-Increases!