Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Split Front Mounted Radiators

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Split Front Mounted Radiators

Thought it best to start a thread specifically about the progress and the modifications being made to install a split radiator system in the front of my GTM. Feel free to chime in with suggestions, comments, etc and I will try and be as detailed as possible with the modifications so that if everything works out the way that I am planning it will, fellow builders will have a good understanding to either copy or deviate from what I have done.
    Please this is specifically about a front split system and not about installing radiators anywhere else on the car.
    After the initial mockup I was able to determine where there was room to mount each radiator with enough clearance between the tire and the radiator itself. I did look at similar setups on production cars and was surprised how little clearance they were running between the tire and the radiator protection.
    As with most modifications like this there is going to be a little trial and error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/