FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Split Front Mounted Radiators

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tried using the florist foam for the center section mold and I have to wonder why it took me so dam long to try it. Magic stuff!
    The recess for the AC condenser and front brake cooling ducts is molded and I think turned out pretty good.
    Ran out of time to do any body work on the front but I did get the hinge brackets tweaked and ready to powder coat tomorrow.
    I tried to stay as true to Ash’s photoshop idea as I could but the size of the number plate forced a slight change.
    Looks like tomorrow is a Bondo day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser D View Post
    The recess for the AC condenser and front brake cooling ducts is molded and I think turned out pretty good.
    I tried to stay as true to Ash’s photoshop idea as I could but the size of the number plate forced a slight change.
    Actually, Dave, I think I like your way better!
    (Damn big license plates...how come everything in Texas is oversized? )

Glad I could help out, even if only minimally. Make sure you plug my vendor status so I can do this for others, too! (Shameless self promotion! )

No, seriously, I really like what you are doing with your car! You deserve a lot of credit for your originality and design/fabrication skills. This is a truly unique build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    Actually, Dave, I think I like your way better!
    (Damn big license plates...how come everything in Texas is oversized? )

Glad I could help out, even if only minimally. Make sure you plug my vendor status so I can do this for others, too! (Shameless self promotion! )

No, seriously, I really like what you are doing with your car! You deserve a lot of credit for your originality and design/fabrication skills. This is a truly unique build.
    Thanks Ash!
    I am almost done with the body work for the front and am saving the next set of photos for the final product probably around mid this week.
    It was your concept that solved the problem of both form and function and I can’t emphasize the benefits enough of having a few variations of a concept on paper to help guide the process.
    Very glad that you are now able to offer this as a service to fellow builders.
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/