FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Split Front Mounted Radiators

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! I am in love with your lower nose modifications!

Looks really great.

I would be tempted to change the hood a bit, but that is probably just me, I have never liked the way the radiator exit ducts looked.

On a precautionary note, I would highly recommend putting some metal screens in front of the radiators to keep them from being damaged by small stones. Pretty much a requirement if you are going to be running it at speed on a track. I can't tell from the pictures, maybe you have this already?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    WOW! I am in love with your lower nose modifications!

Looks really great.

I would be tempted to change the hood a bit, but that is probably just me, I have never liked the way the radiator exit ducts looked.

On a precautionary note, I would highly recommend putting some metal screens in front of the radiators to keep them from being damaged by small stones. Pretty much a requirement if you are going to be running it at speed on a track. I can't tell from the pictures, maybe you have this already?

Mike, Thanks.
    I know what you mean by the hood but I don't have a clear picture in my mind what to do with it.
    There is mesh over the rads but I am using 75% opening, not the supplied 50% from FF5
    Cheers,
    Dave

GTM # 294 Build Start Date 10/12/2009,
    2000 C5 Donor, LS-1 Twin Turbo, AC/Heat, G50-20.02 6 speed, Brandwood Cable shifter
    Build site. http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/dfraser/