FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just passed this along to one of my best friends here on the forum, and decided that I also wanted post it here, as a reminder that we are guaranteed nothing.

As I posted previously, my wife (Pam) & I dropped in to see how the GTM's interior was coming along. We stayed for 30 to 45 mins talking through the progress of what has been done recently and what's coming up next with Steve. Everything looked good, and we were both pretty excited about how it's looking and how it is really starting to look the way I want it to.

We drove up in separate cars (One of our cars had to have some work done near by, and we had just picked it up).

We decided that we would leave there and head downtown to get some lunch, so I followed her out. We pulled out onto the access road that runs parallel to I-85, and I was surprised that Pam turned towards an area that was questionable at best. So I picked up my phone to call her to ask where the heck she was going. She answered the phone making a joke about me being worried about her. Just about the time that she got the words out, I noticed a white Toyota swerving into her lane (head-on).

My unconscious reaction was to simply yell out "Oh ****!!!" (Because I honestly could not get anything else to come out). When I did, she looked into the rear view mirror. She thought something was wrong with me... I was pulling over to the side, and had my hand on the door handle getting ready to jump out, because I knew that my wife was about be hurt bad.

About the time that I got slowed down, I noticed that the girl in the White Toyota looked up and realized that she was about to hit Pam. She jerked the steering wheel hard to the right, and missed hitting Pam head-on by inches. Pam was still watching me in the rear-view mirror wondering what was wrong with me. I asked if she even saw what had just happened in front of her? She didn't. She never saw the girl start to swerve into her lane. Everything happened so quick that she had just looked into the rear view for 3 or 4 seconds and saw me trying to stop, and just thought it was strange.

I was shaking inside and out, and I could hardly speak. I thought I was about to see my best friend and soul-mate get plowed into. When I told her what had happened, she didn't believe me, (at first). It was only after she noticed that I was still visibly shaken 3 hours later, that she understood how close it was and she didn't even have any idea. I couldn't tell if the girl was drunk, texting, of trying to pick something up off the floor of her car.

It taught me a lesson to NEVER take anything for granted. Most people believe that they can always take care of things tomorrow, that they "didn't have time" to do today. I was reminded that we aren't guaranteed anything.

Thank God for Guardian Angels. Otherwise, I'm afraid Pam may not have made it home.

She says that she's glad that she didn't see it. I'm glad that she didn't also.

Needless to say, it was an extremely scary, stressful, and exhausting weekend. I am finally getting to the point where I can think through it without getting shaky again.

I wouldn't normally post this sort of thing publicly. Until a few minutes ago, Pam, myself, and one other person were the only people who knew of this.

I guess the only real reason I did, was to say to all of my friends here; don't miss what may be your last chance to tell the people that you love, how you truly feel about them. Because you never know if you'll get the chance to say it or show it later.

Take care everyone.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 08-11-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081