BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dash is already being formed for Steve's binnacle cover design. The cluster will sit kind of low at the steering column, and the binnacle cover will mount onto the bolts that have been fabbed in. I'm going to try to get up to the shop tomorrow and get a better idea of how this will work. Needless to say, the cluster and binnacle and cover are going to mount very solidly.

Looks like a good bit of sanding and smoothing is in Steve's near future.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 09-03-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a quick picture of the interior door handles.

Fesler Billet Aluminum handles. They are solid and heavy-ish for a nice feel. But their size means that a little repositioning might be in order. We'll see.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 09-03-2014 at 04:31 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The gauge cluster "surround" is getting started... It looks sort of funky right now, but I've been assured that what I saw was simply the first step to a well shaped and smoothly sanded cover. It will eventually look more integrated and as though it "belongs"... I have to say that when I initially saw it, I was a little concerned. Then when I got a closer look, and saw how it mounts to the dash, and allows the gauges to mount to it, I was pretty impressed. Once it's filled out and contoured and smoothed out and covered, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with it.

The console cover it being sized and filled to make it perfectly smooth where it joins the dash; and the Engine cover.
    The Audio Head Unit opening, the Shifter opening, the billet switches, the Start Button, and openings for the A/C vents will be cut a filed and sanded soon. The Sub-woofer box is being installed and the Sub is being placed as we "type".

We should have some leather in the pictures soon.

There are a lot of templates for aluminum cut-outs that will be used for the beauty panels and covers. They should be formed and covered in a couple of weeks or so.

It's getting closer... I've been given a tentative deadline of 10/10/2014 to have it completely finished. Interior, Rear Hatch fitment/install, and paint repair. So far it's on schedule to be finished by the end of September.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 08-27-2014 at 07:29 AM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The roll bar and pillar covers are getting some attention. Steve is adding a little beef to them to help them fit the size of the body pillars. The result is that there will be no fiberglass showing on the underside of the body panels.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 09-03-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like

The pillar covers have been added to and sanded, and added to, and sanded, until they flow as one piece with the dash and the upper roll bar cover. These are going to look pretty nice when they're covered in gray leather!

The initial opening for the head unit and a/c vents. Still positioning to find the best angles. Then we can make the close out (beauty) panels that will fit around the audio unit and the vents.

Some of this stuff just wont look great... until it looks great... It's just around the corner.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 09-03-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a view of the dash and center section. We're playing around with positioning of the head unit. Steve has it standing up a bit. I think it may need to be leaned back a little, (if the crossbar of the frame doesn't prevent it). If we leave it up, then the console section will need to be built up a little on the sides in order to cover the unit, which would negate the lines that we're after. The vents will be places just above the audio unit. I'm thinking that they should lay down, similar to the Murcielago dash vents, if possible.

Any thoughts?

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 09-03-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081