BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back on the lift for some last minute checks. Also looking at coating the underside of the car.

It's been a while since I've seen the interior. I guess they got her cleaned up and dusted off, because she was a mess. It doesn't look as though the elements and time were much of a friend to Pandora while she's been worked on. It looks like the leather in a couple of areas has pulled away from the surface and needs to be re-glued. Also, the under dash panel seems to be loose and hanging. The leather on the door panels has loosened a little as well. Fun. Every time we get close, Pandora loses her mind again.

The plan was to start her up and get everything circulating make sure we're in good shape before everything gets painted and re-assembled... Except for a battery that was completely used up. Would not re-charge. So a new battery has been ordered. The good thing is that they're covering all the bases.

A new hydraulic fluid reservoir was installed for the RamLift system. I think I need to pull the front shocks and flip the pucks though. The Hydraulic feed and the bleeder are at the bottom of the puck,which will make it tough to bleed... Also the pump was originally installed upside down. I'm really not sure why, but supposedly it doesn't really matter in terms of functionality. I think it may cause it to take a little longer to pump all the way up. So,when the suspension arms get replaced, I'll flip the pucks, and possibly remount the pump in the correct upright position. Just because.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 08-25-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081