Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hot Damn!!!!!

I've been away from the forums for a while (long story), but I'm really happy to see Pandora nearing the finish line!
    Your perseverance, patience (and pocketbook! LOL) have been an inspiration for us all!

Congrats. She looks SO AWESOME!!!!! And I'm not talking "hot babe at the beach" awesome, either...I'm talking SI Swimsuit Issue Cover model in your bed AWEWSOME!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam and I stopped by the shop on our way out of town on Friday. Rodney was finishing up some last touches on the body. Tony asked me if my hands were clean, and then told me to rub the back of my hand across the fender. I guess I was expecting there to be at least a little texture or slight roughness from the sanding blocks.

I was absolutely shocked to realize that it felt like highly polished marble or granite. What Rodney has done to prep the surfaces is nothing short of amazing to me. The surface was absolutely glass smooth.

Now I completely understand how the hood came out so nice without having been cut/buffed.

I would imagine that should see the body soon.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The word from the high commander (not Pam; the other one), is that they found a couple of spots that they corrected today. She will go into the booth tomorrow night!

Woo Hoo! Man I can't wait to see her when Tony's finished spraying her. After seeing what he did with the hood, I can't imagine how nice the body is going to look.

Why do I hear Carly Simon singing "Anticipation" in the background....?

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 09-27-2016 at 06:52 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081