FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    LOL...they look like toy cars in that shot!
    My wife said the exact same thing.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped by the shop today, and spent some time going over the "to-do" list with Tony: Mainly odds and ins sort of things.

It is finally sinking in that Pandora is actually about to come to completion. And I know it's true, because Tony's wife (the Boss) said that she would really like to get the GTM out of the shop. I'm smart enough to know that if his wife wants it gone, it's going to be gone: and soon. So I've got that going for me...

Tony said that the doors, hatch, mirrors, and spoiler would be in the paint booth today; and they were. He mentioned that he planned to paint them today after lunch. So we should see paint on them very soon.

The calipers will be re-installed, and car will be back on the ground, pretty soon. The door seals came in today, so when they've been painted, and they are dry, the doors will be re-fit/installed for the final time. I can't wait to see them painted and back on the car.

While these parts are drying and waiting for the first cut / buff, we have a couple of small items that will be taken care of, that will be wrapped up by the time the other parts are buffed and finished.

I also stopped by Steve Kurzman's Interior Shop (The Custom Stitching Co., Charlotte, NC.), to find out where we are with having the halo cover re-worked. It looks like Steve has been slammed with business. Good for him, bad for me as far as wait time. He is finishing up a Pontiac Trans-Am this week. My re-fit will be done when he finishes that project. So hopefully, we'll get the glass in the car, at about the same time that the rest of the car comes together for the final time.

I guess time will tell.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 12-29-2016 at 10:04 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    We have paint on the doors, hatch, mirrors, and spoiler! Woo Hoo!

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081