Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that this was sort of cool... "Cartoonizing" your car...

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...onize-your-car

Riptide posted the link in the General discussions section of the Forum.

Last edited by The Stig; 08-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Master Debator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I thought that this was sort of cool... "Cartoonizing" your car...

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...onize-your-car

Riptide posted the link in the General discussions section of the Forum.

Looks like HDR photography.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't talked with Crash yet, but I think I'm going to pull the tank and weld in two bungs on the side of the tank so I can eliminate the brass T on the bottom of the tank. Then I can plug the two hoses onto straight fittings and get rid of u turn the hose is trying to make.
    I'm working on our fresh air intake system right now. But I'll have to deal with the hose routing before doing any serious driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense to me, and is the way we did it on the prototype. Then I recreated it as best I could with fittings because if I had to charge people for the pieces and time to do the welding then no one would likely want to buy it. I figured the people that have the TIG capability will just buy a tank and weld bungs and do it that way as it is cleaner and simpler, but the kit is designed for those without the welding capability so that they can still make the cooling system "right".

Quote Originally Posted by sk7500 View Post
    I haven't talked with Crash yet, but I think I'm going to pull the tank and weld in two bungs on the side of the tank so I can eliminate the brass T on the bottom of the tank. Then I can plug the two hoses onto straight fittings and get rid of u turn the hose is trying to make.
    I'm working on our fresh air intake system right now. But I'll have to deal with the hose routing before doing any serious driving.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Special thanks to Vidal. I appreciate that you're always willing to make yourself available to help. Between you, David Borden, and Gary Cheney; you've all been highly instrumental in helping me keep my head straight when my frustration levels seem to get the best of me. I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel again.

When we get these cars finished and all the "bugs" worked out, we really need to follow up with our plans to meet up, hang out and compare notes. Maybe we can get Keith and a couple of others from the area in the mix as well, and have a mini GTM car show at some restaurant in the Orlando area. That would be a sweet site. It's something to aim for at least.

Thanks again Buddy.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    When we get these cars finished and all the "bugs" worked out, we really need to follow up with our plans to meet up, hang out and compare notes. Maybe we can get Keith and a couple of others from the area in the mix as well, and have a mini GTM car show at some restaurant in the Orlando area. That would be a sweet site. It's something to aim for at least.

Thanks again Buddy.

Mike
    Mike,

That would be too cool:.

I'm looking forward to it.
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Makes sense to me, and is the way we did it on the prototype. Then I recreated it as best I could with fittings because if I had to charge people for the pieces and time to do the welding then no one would likely want to buy it. I figured the people that have the TIG capability will just buy a tank and weld bungs and do it that way as it is cleaner and simpler, but the kit is designed for those without the welding capability so that they can still make the cooling system "right".
    Crash,
    Your kit is perfect the way it is. To be honest I don't know if we would have spent more money for a more expensive kit not knowing what I know now. But you know what they say about hindsight? So leave your kit the way it is. Maybe some upgrade options in the future. An all electric valve would eliminate the hassle of running one more hose and trying to figure out where to plug it into the motor. I know you're working on and it'll be great if you can make that option available.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished the replacing the heater hoses and re-routing them in order to minimize air pockets in the system. I went ahead and installed Crash's heater by-pass valve kit. I had a minor irrigation system emergency that had to be taken care or. (My wifes flowers weren't getting enough water). Turns out that the company that recently replaced my home A/C units, knocked out one of the control wires to the irrigation valves. That's fixed, and the flowers are getting water again, so life is good.

However, I ran out of time to get the vacuum pump solenoid wired. I'll do that this weekend when I'm back.

It feels good to get back outside and make some progress here and there.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 04-27-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto, just did the same thing with my GTM. It's kind of a hassle but well worth it to avoid the air pockets and overheating. Shane (VRaptor) is now making a bracket to weld onto the frame that will relocate the Corvette plastic tank to the back, t FYI.
    Radkat