FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,160 of 2016

Thread: More progress made on the body : )

Post Thanks / Like

The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing detail and design, Mike. Steve really did a great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Those pictures should come with a warning. "Install bib before viewing or risk keyboard damage".

Absolutely outstanding!!! I love the light color. It makes the interior look bigger than it really is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mike,

WOW! Just beautifully.
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the top incredible!
    But I guess that's the way you do everything.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Man that car would look good with a custom hatch too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kempo View Post
    Holy @&%#=## Mike. That looks awesome!!!!! Kudos to you for envisioning that interior and for finding the guy with the skills to make it. You are going to have one sweet ride in a very short time.
    Thanks Hugo!

I'm pretty pumped about it. When I walked up to it, and saw everything all together... I was blown away. I've only seen it with "completed" sections installed, in various level of completion. I knew that the individual components looks great, and I had "picture" of what I thought it might look like when it was all brought together... But I wasn't really ready for it when I saw it.

I was doing a great job of keeping the drool from hitting the floor, as I walked around and around the car, soaking in the view that I had in front of me. The Steve fired up the (Concert Hall) sound system. That was it... I was done. Reduced to a slobbering wreck. I had to get myself back together.

Seriously though, seeing this car with this interior, was the second best Christmas present that I got this year.

Working with Steve was fun and a pleasure. And I couldn't be more proud of the result.

More to follow...

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostaddiction View Post
    Amazing detail and design, Mike. Steve really did a great job!
    Thank you. And I agree with you 100%; Steve and his team all did an Amazing job!

Steve Kurzman - The Custom Stitching Co (Fabrication, Stitching)
    Warren Furr - The Custom Stitching Co (Panel Fabrication)
    Ross Fricke - R & L Customs (Electrical / Re-Wired the car)
    Sean - (Audio System install & tuning)
    Joey Clonniger - (Router work)

Mike - (Spender)
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sk7500 View Post
    Those pictures should come with a warning. "Install bib before viewing or risk keyboard damage".

Absolutely outstanding!!! I love the light color. It makes the interior look bigger than it really is.
    Thank you Steve,

The pictures make the color of the leather look like an off-white color. It really is Gray. But I agree, the lighter color does make everything seem larger.

Looking forward to Huntington Beach!

By the way, I got a few quotes on transporting the car to California for that weekend... $2k +, each way... (But we'll be there).

I think I know what my next career should be: High end auto-transport business owner!

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VD2021 View Post
    Mike,

WOW! Just beautifully.
    Thank you Vidal! Much appreciated! I know what you mean... I couldn't talk for a few minutes when I saw it. I just had to stare, and let it soak in.

You and I have been threatening to get us and our cars together for a while now. I'm finally getting closer to being able to hold up my end of the bargain!

Take care Buddy! I'm looking forward to meeting up with you soon!

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Motohead View Post
    Over the top incredible!
    But I guess that's the way you do everything.

Thank you...! I think...

I'm taking it as a compliment!

I have tried to make sure that this build is done to the best level that I can manage, and afford...

I keep telling myself to stay as much "inside the box" as possible.

I decided early on that I was going to stay as close to Jim Schenk's design as possible, as far as the exterior is concerned.

But the interior would be where I splurged. And I did.

I was told over and over that you can't do this, and you can't do that... That's why no one else has done it before...

Well, I figured that I was going to see for myself whether some of these things could be done or not.

As it turns out, it seems that they can!

Thanks for the kind words!

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 12-27-2014 at 11:07 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    Man that car would look good with a custom hatch too...
    Jason...! You know...? You're right!

The custom hatch that you fabbed for me, is next on the list. When the car leaves Steve's shop, it's going to a highly recommended paint shop to have a couple of scratches and rubs color matched and fixed.

They will also be painting the new hatch, and clearing the CF cover. It's happening, and I can't wait to send you the photos!

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool to see your car coming together. Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that was a compliment. Everyone here love seeing your progress. I have done a few things on mine "outside the box". But I would say you wrote the book on custom GTM interior.
    GREAT JOB!!!! That's a compliment,

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Thank you...! I think...

I'm taking it as a compliment!

I have tried to make sure that this build is done to the best level that I can manage, and afford...

I keep telling myself to stay as much "inside the box" as possible.

I decided early on that I was going to stay as close to Jim Schenk's design as possible, as far as the exterior is concerned.

But the interior would be where I splurged. And I did.

I was told over and over that you can't do this, and you can't do that... That's why no one else has done it before...

Well, I figured that I was going to see for myself whether some of these things could be done or not.

As it turns out, it seems that they can!

Thanks for the kind words!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Motohead View Post
    Everyone here love seeing your progress. I have done a few things on mine "outside the box". But I would say you wrote the book on custom GTM interior.
    GREAT JOB!!!!
    Thanks again Buddy. Much appreciated.

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    A video of the GTM Interior, posted on You Tube, and on Steve"s Facebook page today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=NgIDjQmnRAU

https://www.facebook.com/TheCustomStitchingCo
    Last edited by The Stig; 12-28-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike,

Got your email but could not open the link. I've followed and enjoyed the progress on your interior, Steve has done an outstanding job. I am glad to see that Steve came through for you and that you are happy with the results, it is first class all the way. Now for the windows and hatch!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously though, seeing this car with this interior, was the second best Christmas present that I got this year.
    What was the best Christmas present????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xatudor View Post
    What was the best Christmas present????
    My wife, and kids!

They're my #1 present every year.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 12-29-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That interior is the best GTM interior I've ever "seen".

Amazing fit and finish!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    That interior is the best GTM interior I've ever "seen".

Amazing fit and finish!

Thanks David! You'll be able to "See" it in 4 months at the 2015 Huntington Beach Cruise-In in April.

Steve did an amazing job. He was really on a mission throughout the entire interior project, to show what could be done with the GTM and similar cars. He also wanted to showcase the sort of work that he and his shop are capable of producing. In my oppinion, there are very few shops in the US that can match his work.

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just unbelievably STOOPID GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

After all you've been through with this project, you DESERVE an extra-special, unique car like this! I'm glad things have finally lined up in your favour!

Post Thanks / Like
    Award winning, so nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    That is just unbelievably STOOPID GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

After all you've been through with this project, you DESERVE an extra-special, unique car like this! I'm glad things have finally lined up in your favour!
    Quote Originally Posted by fastthings View Post
    Award winning, so nice.
    Thanks Guys. I really appreciate it. Now you see why this interior project has been so fun for me!

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I walk into a shop I frequent and he starts telling about a GTM with this killer interior in it, bla, bla, bla. I pull up your thread on my phone and he says, thats it.

This car is going viral??? WOW, pretty cool Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fastthings View Post
    So, I walk into a shop I frequent and he starts telling about a GTM with this killer interior in it, bla, bla, bla. I pull up your thread on my phone and he says, thats it.

This car is going viral??? WOW, pretty cool Mike.
    Now that's funny! Who would've thought?!? I've always said that the GTM is the rock star, and we're just along for the ride.

Thanks for Sharing,

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike- Fabulous!! There was another build on the ffcar forum that had a really sweet interior but you didn't just raise the bar, you changed the game!!

The vision, execution, and most of all- perseverance you've shown has been impressive. You deserve to have this type of result after what you've gone through with this build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

I have run out of superlatives! The car is simply stunning. I have admired your vision, but also your willingness to stay the course when you had a number of opportunities to give-in to the "it can't be done" crowd. It is without question, worth staying myopic and insisting it could be done. You have certainly showed us all, and I congratulate you!

My best wishes to you and Pam in 2015. You have certainly ushered in the year in a major way; and while the GTM is the rock star as you say, I kind of think you two will be seen as rock stars as well!

I look forward to seeing her up close. All the best!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Mike that is awesome. Congratulations! I hope you and Pam are doing well.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stage7 View Post
    Mike- Fabulous!! There was another build on the ffcar forum that had a really sweet interior but you didn't just raise the bar, you changed the game!!

The vision, execution, and most of all- perseverance you've shown has been impressive. You deserve to have this type of result after what you've gone through with this build.
    Thank you Roberto. I have to say though that you're build kept me motivated to try to build the best car that I could (and that I could afford). I can't wait to meet up with you and Allan at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Mike-

I have run out of superlatives! The car is simply stunning. I have admired your vision, but also your willingness to stay the course when you had a number of opportunities to give-in to the "it can't be done" crowd. It is without question, worth staying myopic and insisting it could be done. You have certainly showed us all, and I congratulate you!

My best wishes to you and Pam in 2015. You have certainly ushered in the year in a major way; and while the GTM is the rock star as you say, I kind of think you two will be seen as rock stars as well!

I look forward to seeing her up close. All the best!

Regards,

Steve
    No superlatives needed. I just appreciate your comments and support throughout this build. Looking forward to meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Collins View Post
    Wow Mike that is awesome. Congratulations! I hope you and Pam are doing well.
    Thanks Jeff. I was in a meeting when you called this morning, so I'm sorry that I missed your call. The GTM is pretty close to finished and it has turned out almost exactly as I had hoped it would. I have to get this thing registered and get it ready to be driven when everything is finished up.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 01-05-2015 at 09:33 AM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!!! This is what I get for being offline for months at a time! That is incredible! I love it! I am in Greensboro, were going to have to organize a ride one day for sure!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I call taking it to the extreme!
    Beautiful car. enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flotowngtm View Post
    WOW!!! This is what I get for being offline for months at a time! That is incredible! I love it! I am in Greensboro, were going to have to organize a ride one day for sure!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mhrobichaud58 View Post
    That's what I call taking it to the extreme!
    Beautiful car. enjoy, enjoy, enjoy
    Thanks guys. The response to this interior has been overwhelming to say the least (for me & Steve). He says that his phone hasn't stopped ringing, and that easily 50% or more of the calls have to do with questions and/or congratulations for his work on my car. He has booked out 8 or 9 new custom jobs if I understood him correctly. And I'm happy for him. Good job!

Still waiting to get the windshield tinted and installed. Apparently, the painted edges aren't cooperating with the tint, and have had to be re-worked a couple of times. But they expect to have it handled soon. Then Sean will be back out to do a final tune of the audio system. At that point the the interior project will be 100% complete.

Next step was supposed to be to have the car sent to Scott Auto body, here in Charlotte, to fix a couple of scratches and chips in the paint. But... they apparently either don't have time in their schedule or just can't take on new work for a while...

So I think I'll send it to have the suspension dialed in, while I figure out what "plan-b" for the paint work will be.

Fun Fun Fun...

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    I follow a few of the GTM build threads to look for ideas to "borrow" for my upcoming 818 build. I admire your perseverance in your build, and I look forward to see your masterpiece in person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't it... looks fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like
    So I think I'll send it to have the suspension dialed in, while I figure out what "plan-b" for the paint work will be.

Fun Fun Fun...

Mike
    How about this?
    PornStar-Pink.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    How about this?
    PornStar-Pink.jpg
    Taz, Taz, Taz , Taz, Taz...

If only you had suggested it sooner...

mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    The glass has been re-installed.

The rear plexiglass is back in.

I was really happy with how the windshield was re-installed. The seal around the glass gave it a finished look.

Steve made up a set of floor mats to help keep the carpets clean.

Sean (Audio guy) is coming back out this week to do a final tune of the audio system, now that the windshield is back in. The plan right now, is that the GTM will be back in my garage next weekend.

The rear hatch will be installed next. Stay tuned!

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 01-17-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike-

I am jealous beyond words; she looks fantastic!

You need to burn through a set of tires here soon! Thanks for the continued updates.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    The GTM saw sunlight this morning for the first time in 9 months. I was really surprised at how much more "finished" the car looked sitting on the ground, and out in natural light. Looks pretty cool to me!

Mike

The Stig

GTM #0081

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast