BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: So, here's the grand plan. Would love feedback.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    Save the powder coating and POR15 your frame, also save the $ on the cut outs.
    I have to disagree with Steven on powdercoating. Unless you plan to make numerous mods to the chassis or insist on a color other than black the PC at $399 is a screaming deal. I'm have kind of a take it or leave it opinion on cutouts (although for the sake of simplicity I took it both times).

Jeff

...master of none. CapeCoralCobra's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Certainly not a pro, but:

Cut outs: I didn't order mine that way, but it came with them already done. While not terrible, I had to adjust a few of them to get them correct. I'll order the next one without them done.

Steering rack: As Jeff said, if you're not going with power steering, don't use the donor rack. I haven't seen much discussion on this lately, but when I was ready to order, there was much disatisfaction posted about the depowered the Mustang racks. I got the FFR manual rack, by Unisteer, and love it, but some prefer power steering. To each his own on this one.

Wire diet: I agree with David. It took me many hours to do my own, but by carefully labeling, using diagrams, and posting a couple questions, I was very happy with the results. When you're done the diet, you will really know the harnesses.
    Alan, Mk 3.1 #7172, 308, GT40P heads, Crane roller rockers, TFS Stage 1 cam, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, Pro M 75mm MAF, March pulleys, Cobra spec T5, 3.73 8.8, Konis all around, 15" FFR Halibrands, Viper Red/Pure White Stripes.
    "There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!" Randy Jones

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the power steering from my 2000GT donor and really enjoy it. It was easy to install and has been totally reliable. I recommend you use the donor brakes and ABS too. I mounted the ABS unit to the front frame brace. These brakes provide excellent stopping power. Good luck with your build, it is a blast!
    Art