Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help! Axles are still too short...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Help! Axles are still too short...

To continue the saga from the other forum...I thought I would post it hear to see if anyone could help.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...baby-yeah.html

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...lf-shafts.html

I decided that maybe I did something wrong, or the half shafts I received were faulty. I ordered 2 brand new axle assemblies from Factory Five, Pin Drive Width. I then proceeded to thread my control arm rod ends in 4 threads from where they were, netting about .25" shorter track width per side. This is what I have now...and I am betting that I'll blow them out as well. Look at how far out the bearing is from the housing! What the hell? Am I assembling this wrong? As you can see my alignment is pretty close. At least it was before I threaded the rod ends in further.

Camber is fine...if anything it has too much.

Axle is level...

Rear Rod End...

Front Rod End...

Dang bearing is hanging WAYYYY Out! I already blew out the last axles because of this! The red line is roughly where edge of the housing is behind the boot. This cannot be right!!! Is it?
    Last edited by Don; 02-11-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    -Don
    FFR6966 - MK3.1, IRS, AFR 205 headed 408w, depleted bank account, pissed off wife, friends think I'm a hermit, hoping to finish the Cobr@.
    My Build Site PS Footbox Mod .pdf .dwg
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."