Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Car Warriors- Behind the scenes photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    we need a sound clip of the West Coast one, it must sound TOTALLY AWESOME, DUDE!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow!!

Wow did you all do an amazing job! I sure hope the show will be watchable from the FF website. I would love to see how these beautiful cars came together.

I cannot believe these two cars came together so quickly. They are stunning! And both are really unique, with each team putting their imprint on each.

I am blown away and really impressed!! Congratulations to both teams-- you did GREAT!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the show last night. My wife TIVO'ed it for me.

I have to say, that I've never really been a fan of the show, but it was interesting to see the guys from the forum in a build-off.

The cars really looked great, and I was amazed that they could be built at such a high level in just 48 hours.

It sure seemed that time pressures and lack of sleep had people, who otherwise get along well, at each other's throats.

I thought that it was awesome that there was a unanimous vote to Donate the winning car to charity: Team Jenny! and Cystic Fibrosis.

And who would have ever thought that Jimmy Shine would say on National Television that he'd like to own a "kit car"...

Good show.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, Guess you should of shipped your car to their studio instead of Whitbys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome builds! Just bought the episode on iTunes! 8-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Erik

Two great builds but think the West Coast car has more innovations IE Head rest, exhaust, stunning paint scheme, relocated headlights (looks familiar)and gorgeous interior to name a few.

chuck
    Chuck

Mk1, MK3, Hotrod, Gen 3 Daytona Coupe, RF GT40
    Hang Up and Drive

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The cars were really nice, but I was really disappointed by the behavior of the West Coast Team, Mark and his bunch came off as a group of professionals,
    where the West Coast Team looked like preschoolers who needed a time out. Walking away while the judge is helping you!, Not cool. Who was the guy
    with the bleached "Woodstock" hair, who was having a bad hair day, and throwing a fit because he wanted to "Talk things out"?

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hank, It's TV. It's more fun to say Lang stomped away mad rather then he went to get a bottle of water. When he came back he still had to fix the gun because it had a broken collet inside. As for the windshield, We had our Lexan cut (because I knew we had a slim chance of cutting the glass so we already had the Lex on hand)and installed 8 hours before the scene with Mark and I. The power of suggestion and a little artistic license came into play. Oh! we had our car running way before the clock ran out (hours). It's a show. We truley did build two cars in 48-9 hours. My regret is that all the animals didn't get more face time....I mean really ' Wayne P is a hammerdog machine! I would have liked to see more then just his bald spot......sorry Wayne....no I'm not.......that was funny. xoxo Jack da Bat

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the East Coast Team seemed pretty subdued but I really think it had more to do with the fact the they had their car building meeting in the spray booth with all the cans of paint and reducer open rather than them being polite an just good guys!
    I like the new name "Jack da Bat" Great editing Car Warriors!
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.

Post Thanks / Like
    well
    I have to tell you guys It was all in the master plan.
    let the west coast come up with all this crazy stuff to put on a car and then watch them try to do it in 48 hrs.
    although I sure didnt see the west coast going after that top!! ( your nuts is what I think I heard )
    but really guys our plan was to not just finish the car but keep the fit and finish to a very high level.
    It wasnt about giving Jimmy things to look at but the opposite. nothing bad to look at.
    the only things he said poorly about our car were he did not like a weld we did. ( It wasnt pretty enough )
    and he did not like how we split the body line on the dash.
    but I know That stuff makes for a boring show. LOL
    Good thing they had Lang and Dan to watch. while they were doing camera stuff we kept building a great car.
    Jeff you are right.
    I wish the East coast crew got some more face time.
    later
    Mark D

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys did a great job and both cars turned out awesome. You made the FFR community proud!

Post Thanks / Like

Who Is Who?

Not being familiar with all of the Red and Blue Team Members, using the picture below, will someone identify each team member by name and also include their username on this forum?

Thanks.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010
    http:/tims33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by timdks View Post
    Not being familiar with all of the Red and Blue Team Members, using the picture below, will someone identify each team member by name and also include their username on this forum?

Thanks.
    From the left:

John Cameron, Erik Hansen (on a knee), Dan Ruth, Lang Kersenboom, Brad Fanshaw, Jeff Miller, Jenny Smith, Tom Hansen, Jimmy Shine, Mark Stackler, Mark Dougherty, (can't remember the girl's name), Justin Zuffante, Ray McClelland, Wayne Presley, Tony Zullo, Erik Treves (on a knee)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ehansen007 View Post
    From the left:

John Cameron, Erik Hansen (on a knee), Dan Ruth, Lang Kersenboom, Brad Fanshaw, Jeff Miller, Jenny Smith, Tom Hansen, Jimmy Shine, Mark Stackler, Mark Dougherty, (can't remember the girl's name), Justin Zuffante, Ray McClelland, Wayne Presley, Tony Zullo, Erik Treves (on a knee)
    Thanks Erik, very helpful. Now when I watch the show again, I'll have a name with a face.
    Tim
    HR #209
    Delivered 11 May 2010
    http:/tims33.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like how the West coast side did their trunk! Might be the best way to do it with the trunk door being a pain!

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I prefer t he east coast one.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like

recient post

Hi fact5racer;
    I read your post and would be interested in talking with the Mike you mentioned. I too am having a car built at Whitby. Could you give me his post tag or have him get in touch with me.
    Thanks
    Jack D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    I think I prefer t he east coast one.
    How did their's open? I don't rememeber.