BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Registration (Wisconsin as an example)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like homemade to me. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, but the Wisconsin Statutes 341.268 that are referenced in jontallon's DOT link have this:

(b) "Homemade vehicle" means any of the following:
    1. A motor vehicle that has been constructed or assembled from new or used parts or both using a body and frame not originating from and not resembling any previously manufactured motor vehicle.
    2. A motorcycle that is a reproduction of a vehicle originally made by another manufacturer and that consists of a reproduction body that is combined with a new, used, or replica frame and drivetrain.
    They only mention that the body and frame are not originating from or resembling any previously manufactured vehicle. 818 should fall within that description.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan78 View Post
    Looks like homemade to me. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, but the Wisconsin Statutes 341.268 that are referenced in jontallon's DOT link have this:

They only mention that the body and frame are not originating from or resembling any previously manufactured vehicle. 818 should fall within that description.
    that would be my interpretation as well. but as mentioned, if your serious about it, just call the DMV, i know its something i would wont to know 100% before dropping any coin.
    05 Outback XT - DD
    94 Integra GSR - Track Car
    97 Legacy Brighton - EG33 Swap Project
    03 Silverado 2500HD Duramax - Tow Rig
    97 Integra GS - Future Track Car

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan78 View Post

Aah - excellent. THANK YOU! The summary at the top of the link says:

"Vehicle must have been constructed from new or used parts not originating from or resembling a previously manufactured motor vehicle."

But the document linked to says:

"A motor vehicle that has been constructed or assembled from new or used parts or both using a body and frame not originating from and not resembling any previously manufactured motor vehicle."

That missing 'body and frame' is a fairly big change in the meaning of the sentence. Thank you for finding the difference!