Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Next body style?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was not fair of me to suggest that Dave make any commitments. He has much more to think about than placating the design forum. As Dave points out, there's also no point in it because many designs just would not work. It's a small possibility that one of the designs from the competition will get used one day, so let's leave it there.

Truth be told, I'm not at all surprised about the responses. I don't agree with all of the negative vibes out there, but I understand where they are coming from. Everyone has their favorite design, and their idea about what it should look like, and most would not be happy any other way. I had posted recommendations to Dave not to release any renderings, but rather to wait until the curtain could be drawn on the finished car. Now, I'm glad, though that Dave did release the pictures. Now that everyone is venting their frustrations, the 818 will hopefully be able to have its day in the spotlight at SEMA without the hecklers shouting from the back.

Forum members: Go ahead and vent now, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE people, don't take it to the SEMA release. Dave and the FFR team has worked too hard, and this car is too cool to have its day in the sun tainted. Let the populous form its own opinion without your help.

The FFR team has listened to our input involved us in the process. They based the design on one of the crowd favorites (Xabier) and then made more improvements based on comments. I have always wanted to build my own car, but it has always been out of my reach until the 818. I've always wanted to be involved in designing something like this, and Dave gave the opportunity. It's been a lot of fun, and I appreciate it.

Dave, please take these recommendations:
    * Stop focusing on the negative feedback. There is plenty of positive feedback, but it seems like you are only reacting to the negative comments. I was one of the first to respond. On first impression, I said it was awesome, and still think so. There are going to be more nay sayers from this forum than the general population because of the history of involvement. This design cannot and doesn't need to be loved by every one to be a success. The 818 will attract a lot of customers who otherwise never would have considered a kit car. If 5% of people who know how to turn a wrench see this car and fall in love with it, your order book will be full.
    * Don't let this affect your progress. You have made your decisions. Some people don't like it. Let them deal with it over in the corner. Other people love it. The 818 will sell when it is released.
    * There is some constructive feedback on the forum. While there is still time to implement changes, it couldn't hurt to consider the constructive criticism. Granted, it may be difficult to wade through the rubbish to find it.
    Last edited by BipDBo; 06-07-2012 at 07:45 AM.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I totally understand how you feel Dave. I felt privileged to hear updates. I did not like the negative feedback from the 20% ers. Thanks for all you have done. I am ready with my donor. Hope to see you in person in 2013 to pick up my 818 kit. Best of luck.