FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: In Perspective

Post Thanks / Like

In Perspective

This past week has been a week of frustrations sorting out my car but it seems that even though I missed an event that I was really looking forward to today, there is an end in sight.

But I have a TV hooked up in my shop and it was on. Just before I went out behind my trailer and sliced my wrists, I was fortunate enough to have it on channel 253............The Military Channel.

There was one of those real life stories, this one about hill 375 in Vietnam. The US Soldiers were highly out numbered by the NVA and was barely holding on. They didn't have their packs with them and were using their hands and knives trying to dig in for whatever protection they could muster before the NVA made, what would of surely been their charge with a 99% chance of total annilation of the remaining US troops.

But just when it couldn't get worse, in comes the fighter plane dropping it's 500lb bomb.................right on top of the hill! Killing 45 US soldiers and severly wounding even more. It was the worst friendly fire incident in the entire Vietnam war. One of the soldiers on the show describing the scene, did so with only one arm explaining how his arm was just hanging there by a small portion of flesh, yet still having to man his station. They did have some real footage taken after help arrived that showed the crater and it looked like one of those images from a Nazi death camp with bodies and body parts strewn all around.
    By some act of God, and a question that those interviewed can't answer was "Why didn't the NVA attack again?"
    Finally the next day or so, help arrived

I couldn't help but turn around and look at my GTM and realize just how minor missing a car show because of a leaking valve cover gasket really is!
    Last edited by fact5racer; 06-16-2012 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Amen brother. Nothing like the specter of war to put things in perspective again. There will always be another show...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)