Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: This 50% off sale is killing me.

Post Thanks / Like

This 50% off sale is killing me.

This sale is forcing me (if that's possible) to buy my kit about 8 months earlier than planned. But with a savings of almost $4000 it is really hard to pass up. I've been crunching numbers for two straight days, ugh. So in about two weeks I will be placing my order, if the planets align the way I need them to.

Mike

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Well Mike, I see your dilemma but a lot of people would kill to have your problem! Hope you're able to pull it off. I did the same thing when I got my kit. I couldn't really afford it at that time but couldn't afford to pass up thousands of dollars of savings. So just pretend that Dave has made you an offer you can't refuse. You will be happy you did (great value). Good luck, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! Join us, place the order muhahahaahah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Damn, I have the same problem. Build was to begin in April 2013. Got the quote yesterday and... yep, saving over $3500!!! pulling the trigger in a week or so but, pushing the delivery out to the end of December.... still need to get the garage prepared for the build. I was giving myself 3 years to build as well! Let the fun begin! it will be a great way to start the new year.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took advantage of the offer and ordered earlier than I had planned. Expecting delivery in 5 - 6 days. Spending the weekend cleaning and organizing garage. I'm hoping to get one full day / week of work into it. At my level - 3 years sounds about right.

Post Thanks / Like
    How far can you push out the delivery I wonder ? I too have some loose ends to tie up before the kit arrives. If it is one thing I have learned from this great group of people, they LOVE to spend other peoples money. I'm the same way though. I haven't called yet, but I am wondering if EVERYTHING is 50% off, like powdercoating and cutouts, which aren't exactly items per se, but are still options. My two sticking points are side pipes and seats. To get bare steel pipes and have them coated or go with the polished stainless steel ? Then get the vinyl seats, or the optional leather ones. Are the vinyl ones good quality? Maybe someone can answer that..

Mike

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe they will accomodate you on delaying the delivery.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

Unless you know exactly that you want polished stainless ones, get the bare steel and get them coated later after you have them fitted. You can get them coated traditional silver or go with black ceramic depending on the color of your car. I'm planning on an under the car exhaust system so I deleted the side pipes from my order but only got $100 credit. I would have been better off just getting the bare side pipes that came with the basic kit and deciding to use them or sell them. If you decide to go with something stainless, you will have several choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3yearplan View Post
    How far can you push out the delivery I wonder? ...I am wondering if EVERYTHING is 50% off...
    Both questions are answered in the sale announcement:

"Terms & Conditions:
    Cannot be combined with any other offers.
    Quantities are limited and Factory Five reserves the right to end this special at any time.
    Orders must accept the next available completion date.
    Some restrictions may apply for international orders.
    Options include those listed on the Factory Five Racing order forms.
    Excludes soft tops and GTM rear wing."

I used the new vinyl seats in a car I built for a customer last year---they're good.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the answers and input. I appreciate it.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    The sale has been killing me. I am ready to order mine but am still stationed overseas. Won't be till next Jun I would even have a home to ship to. I sure hope they have a sale again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnsumtire View Post
    The sale has been killing me. I am ready to order mine but am still stationed overseas. Won't be till next Jun I would even have a home to ship to. I sure hope they have a sale again!
    You can have it sent to my house!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just finished placing my order. Got a completion date of 10-27, should give me plenty of time to tie up my loose ends in the garage and get it organized.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I placed my order last thursday and was able to sweet talk them into pushing out the ship date to 12/1 (arriving in San Diego, between Xmas and new years)... with a 2K Deposit. Saved myself over $3500.00!! I even ordered a few extra items that I wasn't planning on building in. I'm going the Coyote motor path... I hope that all of the issues are worked out! Signed up for the Build school... Nov. 9!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait 2 weeks and there will be another sale.

I don't get FFR's business model - every day is a sale day, so they're just training customers to wait a few weeks for the next sale.
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917
    04 Cobra/Z06/Diablo/bunch of other junk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by howling-cobra View Post
    I placed my order last thursday and was able to sweet talk them into pushing out the ship date to 12/1 (arriving in San Diego, between Xmas and new years)... with a 2K Deposit. Saved myself over $3500.00!! I even ordered a few extra items that I wasn't planning on building in. I'm going the Coyote motor path... I hope that all of the issues are worked out! Signed up for the Build school... Nov. 9!
    Congratulations! When I was down at FFR last fall and saw that red Coyote Roadster it was a Depends moment if you get my drift..
    That motor looks like it was born to sit in the front of the roadster and fast..Like I said, when you get it done and go for your first ride make sure you have your Depends along..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3yearplan View Post
    How far can you push out the delivery I wonder ?
    Mike
    Call and ask, I am having mine delivered late Feb. There was not even a question.
    Bill3422

MK4 - 302/347 Stroker - AFR Heads - 400 Hp

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up with a late Oct. early Nov. ship date. Ended up saving about $3200 with the items I added.

Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Movieman, Depends it is! Although, I need to stop reading the forums... way to much information, way to many mods have been made that make me very nervous. Don't get me wrong this is a great forum that is very active and I'm sure that once my kit is delivered I'll be out here everyday!